What the F is going on?

“This is Notre Dame, not BYU…right?” LOL

2 Likes

I have a number of family and friends who have graduated from ND, and unless some seismic culture change has occurred - I call bullsh&t.

I can’t speak to the “intercourse” but the amount of major league drinking stories I could tell would only lead to the proliferation of what i can’t speak of.

[quote="

I can’t speak to the “intercourse” but the amount of major league drinking stories I could tell would only lead to the proliferation of what i can’t speak of.
[/quote]

Man I miss college…

I will say, South Bend might be the lamest party town in the Midwest. Like, Applebee’s and a few strip clubs. You would think ND would have iconic bars- but no. So a lot of off campus parties. What many don’t realize is that ND is basically a suburb of Chicago (75 minutes to Rush street).
ND,Wis, UM, MSU,NW(of course) and Iowa are well represented for weekend debauchery.

South Bend is far from a suburb. It’s a run down blue collar town. Campus is great and the city is more like Gary, Indiana.

1 Like

Maybe not a suburb but Gay is way way off. Though i didn’t grow up in SB, I spent a many summers in SB. Studebaker built that town and when it fizzled… so did SB. Gary is a much different story.

Having said that, some of my fondest memories as a little kid is when my uncle would host ND barbecues during the Jerry Foust era ( remember him lol). The players looked liked giants.

You have def more experience than I do. I went to a game there and the town just had a Gary Vibe more than a Des Plaines vibe. So many abandoned rust belt buildings in that area. Pretty bad crime rate if I remember correctly. It sucks as a college town though. They have that one street that is like a cookie cutter mall/bar area and that was it.

I enjoyed seeing a game there. I loved the campus.

Well then you have the correct take. It’s not a college town. ND is located in downtown SB and it’s sad. You would think the power brokers at ND would “pretty up” the place" but nope.

Maybe you know this. Is it more a power brokers don’t care because they don’t live there. It feels like no one locally really runs the school. In fact it feels less like an Indiana school and more a boarding school for kids from USA’s biggest metro areas.

Really good take. I’ve always said if ND could, they should move to a better location.

A little history, when ND was established with no football identity (duh) and a lot of people didn’t think much of Catholics ( shout out to my mormon utes!). Michigan would not lower themselves to give ND a game in the early days and if you wonder why ND plays MSU so much it’s because they would play ND in the early days.The Industrial Revolution made SB a decent fit…when ND was established it was considered a “Western” University. Sidenote: Northwestern University name came from the assumption that they where the most northwest college at the time (not true) but maybe the most prominent…but I digress.

You would be correct that no "local " runs or influences the school and it really feels like some weird island in the state of Indiana. Having said that, locals really do support ND… even though it does feel like some foreign agency sitting in the middle of SB.

Steptoe on his reason to commit to Purdue this morning:

“What makes Purdue a fit is definitely their ability to launch the rock. They throw the ball a lot! And they have shown their ability to put receivers in the league. Also, my relationship with the coaches seems to grow with every conversation. My parents really liked the idea of the academics being right up there with the dedication to football.”

Great point that he wants to catch a football in his college career. But currently in the NFL, we have 1 WR (Patrick) and Purdue has exactly 1 WR (Rondale Moore). We also have quite a few more NFL players than Purdue overall. Maybe he would have made a great DB.

1 Like

Actually, Utah has 2 in the league. You forgot Tim Patrick in Denver.

1 Like

And our other? I mentioned him.

Somehow I typed it but it didn’t save. Josh Gordon was added to KC’s roster.

Does anyone consider Josh Gordon a Ute? I’m sure he doesn’t.

2 Likes

He has considered himself a Ute from Day One in the NFL.

I’m just surprised he didn’t go to a legalized weed state.

You may be correct, I have never seen him introduce himself during a game. In any case, I don’t think the team recognizes him.

Nearly 10 years later, former teammates recall how he never earned his drum and feather on his crimson red helmet that fall, a rite of passage for all new Utah football players who showcased enough to the coaching staff that they belonged.

So Purdue has 1 WR in the NFL and we have 1 and whatever Gordon is. Sure would have loved to see him in a Utes uniform. If only he could have stayed clean to the team rules. Sounds like he made quite the impression while here.

You know, I never realized he didn’t play at Utah. I just always see his name linked with y’all. So, still. That dude’s comment doesn’t make sense at all. Brohm is not getting him in the league.

I agree. I don’t know that they’ll help him any more than us. But he made his decision. Hopefully this Reed kid pans out well for us.