What the F is going on?

for all we know maybe it is as simple as the coed he met at Purdue finally accepting his friend request

1 Like

Can I address this just a little?

I like both sites, but if I want Utah sports-specific discussion and information, there’s a lot more activity over there. I’m not differentiating between the quality of the activity, just that there’s more of it. There’s a lot less other-type discussion fodder. That site, for better or for worse, is much more centered around Utah sports than anything else. I’m not certain that can be said about this site.

2 Likes

Was this intentionally or unintentionally funny? I laughed either way.

I wish I could say intentionally.

I visit the site periodically. Over the last year, the self-imposed prohibition on talking politics or on political issues has taken a few torpedoes in the hull. And some of those discussions got quite heated. They reminded me of how some conversations used to go here. But it seems to me that on this site, a massive level of introspection and conviviality marks even our most difficult exchanges. The other site, I think it is experiencing growing pains in that regard. But the site owner has his heart and soul in that forum and it shows. I give him much credit for that.

UF.N has jumped forward several times over the last few years, and not by a little. That is manifest in breadth of content, volume of content and in the quality of discussion. That noted, I do not see the choice as “either or”, both have merits. But to be honest, for every minute I spend there, proportionally I spend 4 hours here.

2 Likes

Culturally Ute fans are very splintered - sports brings us together but outside of that, cultural beliefs somewhat pushes into different camps. I think Utefans.net and Utehub shows those differences. Not necessarily regarding sports but with other opinions. With a site like zoob board you got to buy into the whole enchilada - and if your a zoob, you do.

1 Like

Nor I did not see your comments as being critical of UteHub.

1 Like

Whatever y’all did, it’s pouring down rain now. Maybe it will be the sea change needed, and we won’t have to play another bad weather game this season.