What I’m watching

Williams did ok. Venus and Serena have had amazing lives both inside and outside of tennis. Nobody is a saint, and we all do things that are questionable. Richard did some, too. That noted, had the Williams sisters followed the junior tennis system, it is highly unlikely they would’ve made it to the successes they have had today. That system was (and still is) as discriminatory as hell.

My biggest question in looking at these life cases is when does the price of success become too much? When does the pressure to succeed on a developing child become a crippling mental illness? Competition is a part of the world we live in, regardless of what the trophies for all folks want to believe. We all enjoy our entertainment in sports competitions. But, in the end they are games; and for the “lottery few” they will always be just games. I don’t know how we try to find a balance, but we need to find a balance.

I think the film answers how Richard viewed this and was very conscious that these kids burn out.

We just got back from watching the new Ghostbusters. It was fun, it was nostalgic. I was reminded of Goonies, Gremlins, and obviously the 1st Ghostbusters.

It’s a good popcorn movie. It’s far from great, but it is fun to watch. If you don’t see it in the theater, you’re not missing a ton. I’ll watch it again on Prime or some other streaming subscription. It is worth watching, especially if you want to some good fun that you’re ok taking your kids to.

I’ve been watching wheel of time. It’s good but not great.

1 Like

Me too. Agree. Ok, but not great.

I’ve been watching Masters of the Universe with my kids and Cowboy Bebop - it has its moments but wish Firefly was back. Lost in Space just dropped another season, so probably will catch up there.

2 Likes

Wheel of time is something to ignore while trolling Utefans. I would put Bebop in the same category. I like making fun of He Man.

Firefly get all the attention because…:wink:

Which one the one with mark hamill as skeletor? Or the cgi one.

The new animated Masters of the Universe is fantastic. At least the first half was…I haven’t had a chance to sit down and watch the second half of the series with the kids yet.

I just finished Arcane. It’s is truly one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Don’t let the fact that it’s based on a video game scare you off, it is an absolute masterpiece of both storytelling and animation. And I’m not the only one who thinks so, as it’s sitting at 100% positive from critics and 97% from audience. It’s amazing, and I can’t recommend it enough.

Will be wrapping up Season 5 of Big Mouth tonight. It is - by a wide margin - the most crude and vulgar show I’ve ever seen. I also find it to be one of the funniest, but YMMV on that front…

Oh man arcane was good good. Man. I forgot about that.

Holy Crap this one is great:

2 Likes

We watched it last night. Interesting show.
I recommend.

2 Likes

Two movies I am hyped to see in December if I can get to theater:

This one the most:

2 Likes

Hyped for this! Once the Disney Channel releases it for wider audiences:

3 Likes

Watched the whole thing already and loved every minute; if you’re a Beatles fan, this is a must watch! If you’re not a big fan, there is a LOT of material…

1 Like

Let’s just say I’m a fan.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I… think I’ll watch that.

1 Like

Someone just loaded up “The Program” on YouTube. Perfect movie during bowl season:

Watched this year’s edition of “Yearly Departed.”
Not as funny as last year, but was a good time kill.