Week 11 college football

I was happy because I dislike Oregon and they had a very hard fought game and will likely have a few more banged up players when Utah plays them next weekend. If the loss and the players not having much chance to heal up helps Utah win then I’m all for it.

1 Like

2010-2013 they were very good. Clowney on Defense:

Lattimore running the rock:

Man, I forget he played at USC. He was good.

The Original USC!
FTFO

2 Likes

meh, now here is where H-Man could have helped a ton. He could have given the history of So Carolina football.

My bad, I guess I should have said University of South Carolina, the original USC !

1 Like

The school of “goofy little chickens” lost that case a long time ago. A Federal Court ruled in our favor and the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear on appeal - so no, they are not “the original USC” or USC at all.

Conquest.

FTFO!

You’ll always be Southern Cal to me.

11 Likes

You do that to get under my skin.

Successfully.

FTFO!

4 Likes

Could be worse. They could call you the UCLA - adjacent school for spoiled children.

3 Likes

It’a true most refer to Univ of South Carina as USC back east. The other one is def Southern Cal or SC. They do fit well in the Big 1G. They will probably add The SC after a couple of years.

I believe the court case involved the use of the interlocking S and C regarding a logo, the court ruled in favor of Southern Cal, therefore solidifying you as SC not USC
FTFO

2 Likes

As BamaFanNKY mentioned, the Spurrier years were quite good for them. They had a lot of success, including winning the East once and having a winning record against arch rival Clemson.

When was the last time Florida was any good? 2009? Over a decade ago. Sad really.

RR

Stop. You’ve made the SEC title game three times since they have. Tennessee, Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the teams that can complain, not Florida. Even Missouri has made the title game since 2009. Kind of weird Tennessee has been down so bad for so long.

Cool.

I wake up this morning to “SEC on SEC” drive by’s on who has sucked the worst for the longest. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Having rooted for a non-SEC school (and graduating from that school twice) that hadn’t had a sniff of anything until 2004 on a national level, y’all are breaking my heart. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Sans Georgia, the SEC this season has been getting a Terex Titan truckload of cannibalism.

Sometimes our fan goggles need a tint adjustment. ‘Bama is getting one this year. The Gators post Urb needed a thorough washing to avoid sepsis, or at a minimum re-fencing around the Swamp to keep in the criminals on the field if they were going to keep running something that looked more like the Hurracons had moved to Gainesville. :wink:

The truth is dynasties are boring. Being the conference perennial doormat sucks even worse…unless there is enough booze flowing to block the pain. :wink:

That was Utah in the 1980’s. Maybe not a perennial doormat (UTEP totally owned that honor), but I do remember getting piss-drunk in the Student section (pre-MUSS) to deal with the horrors of what was happening on the field during some of these games. Now it’s fun to see my team win and compete at a level I would’ve never thought was possible from the past I lived.

3 Likes

Ugh

Hey, we may have puked on each other back then :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

slight change in direction.

Give that man the Thighsman :slight_smile:

RR

4 Likes

I can remember Florida being good, even FSU and Miami (they’re not the real “U”, that is us) being good. So. Carolina, it’s hard to remember much about the Spurrier years. Back to being relevant I suppose.

Was reading about this shooting this morning. We don’t have a ton of information. At least a suspect was caught, I heard/read that there was a 2nd suspect. I could be wrong.