Week 11 college football

Super awful. I think I saw that 2 WR and a LB were killed, 2 more injured and I think the suspect was a former player that was still at the school (they had a lockdown on campus until around 10:30am as they were searching for him).

I hope Utah reaches out to UVA as we have an empathetic heart. I’m sure UVA and ACC will do some things like the PAC12 did for us (all teams had the 22 yard line in red, etc.). It’s times like this that show how much life is more important than the game these young adults are playing for their dreams and our entertainment.

2 Likes

Yes, this was awful. I read just a little bit ago that there is only 1 suspect.

I, too, hope that the U reaches out to UVa.

This type of tragedy is all too common right now.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the why. The how is pretty easy, the why is far from.

2 Likes

It’s not working. We have dumbasses saying to fire Saban because they may win 10 games and play in the Sugar or Citus.

As for the shooting. We’ll never learn from our past in the States.

2 Likes

Some fans are never happy and are overly spoiled by success that will naturally fade away. For example, John Wooden’s successor at UCLA, Gene Bartow, actually had a higher winning percentage (albeit in far fewer seasons). But because he didn’t win a title (which Wooden had done 10 times in 12 years), he reportedly got death threats. Ridiculous.

1 Like

I still don’t know why the Big 10 wants a directional school.

5 Likes

The song leaders…and those sweater outfits. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Gene Bartow is a low key great coach and story teller. I remember him talking about pissing off all the WKU fans on Mars Bar night and he swears even the children threw full size candy bars at him.

1 Like

Bartow was a great coach. Unfortunately the fUCLA bunch were looking for “end of his career John Wooden” to walk in and keep the streak alive. God pity the guy who follows Saban. Come to think of it God pity the coach who replaces Dabo or Kirby Smart, too.

Gotta feel bad for coach who replaces Whit. We’ve been spoiled. McBride started this ride, Meyer took us to heights unknown, Whit’s taken us even further. Hard act(s) to follow.

1 Like

Never want to be the man who replaces the man. You want to be the man who replaces the man who replaced THE MAN.

2 Likes

Stewart Mandel at the Athletic every week puts out a 12 team bracket based on the most recent committee rankings. Here is this weeks. I would love a chance for the Utes to play at LSU in Death Valley, or anywhere really.

2 Likes

Would be fun to beat Daniels again.

3 Likes

That looks pretty good, except I don’t think USC should be #4.

1 Like

Mandel notes in his article that the 12 team system that was “agreed” to includes that the top 4 conference champs in the ranking would get byes, the PAC is ranked above the ACC, so the top ranked PAC team (assuming that team wins the CCG) would get a first round bye.

From Mandel:

Top four seeds (first-round byes):

1. Georgia (SEC champion)
2. Ohio State (Big Ten champion)
3. TCU (Big 12 champion)
4. USC (Pac-12 champion)

Under the CFP board’s approved model, the top four seeds will be reserved for the four highest-ranked conference champions. For our purposes, we’re designating each conference’s top-ranked team as its champion. That means No. 1 Georgia (SEC), No. 2 Ohio State (Big Ten), No. 4 TCU (Big 12) and No. 7 USC (Pac-12) would get a bye into the quarterfinals.

Nos. 5-12 seeds:

5. Michigan (at-large)
6. Tennessee (at-large)
7. LSU (at-large)
8. Alabama (at-large)
9. Clemson (ACC champion)
10. Utah (at-large)
11. Penn State (at-large)
12. UCF (AAC champion)

Under the same model, the six highest-ranked conference champions are guaranteed berths along with the six highest-ranked at-large teams. Were the season to end today, the fifth- and sixth-highest ranked conference champions would be No. 9 Clemson (ACC) and No. 20 UCF (AAC).

Joining them in the field would be the six highest-ranked remaining teams: No. 3 Michigan, No. 5 Tennessee, No. 6 LSU, No. 8 Alabama, No. 10 Utah and No. 11 Penn State.

1 Like