The pet peeves thread

I, for one, would be receptive if they didn’t lie. But if they use that line, I hang up every time.

3 Likes

I liked the subtle approach of the late, great Stanley Marsh, owner of the Cadillac Ranch in Texas. When a developer began buying up and staking out lots next to his property, Marsh put up this sign:

image

3 Likes

I know people like you!

2 Likes

People who purposely block any ability for others to turn right on red when they are going straight and there’s plenty of room to skootch over

5 Likes

Not sure they would have any reason to deliberately block others behind them, more likely just not paying attention.

Is annoying, especially when it’s a long wait for the light to change.

2 Likes

Star for using ‘skootch’ in a sentence.

2 Likes

I have used that tactic but then sometimes I’ll throw in a “why not?” when they say they aren’t selling anything. It throws them off and they get flustered and I then I laugh and hang up.

2 Likes

May be an image of text

4 Likes

OK…I searched for a topic and couldn’t find one, so I’m putting it HERE.

Cell phone service…is there really a supreme service provider out there? I can tell you my experience with Xfinity Mobile as well as Comcast Wifi has tested my last nerve. I’m changing providers, but I did it online and the equipment is being shipped via UPS…so the saga drags on longer than I’d hoped.

Tell me, who provides the best service so far?

I think it’s very dependent on where you are.

I have zero issues with AT&T here in Utah, but when I was in Indianapolis last week, the service was an absolute dumpster fire. My brother’s Verizon service works great in Nashville, but is typically worthless when he travels to California.

2 Likes

Most of my traveling friends use T Mobile because their parent company, DTT Docomo, allows for international use without any extra surcharges.

1 Like

Let me clarify that my service was shut off yesterday from Xfinity, was notified this morning by email, and still don’t have my new phone from Verizon.

Maybe I’m just lucky but Verizon has worked great for me, both in L.A. and throughout Utah. What sorts of problems are you having?

Let’s just say since June 15th when I went into the Riverdale Xfinity store to get faster service, it’s been an absolute disaster. Both Mobile and Wifi. With the sad realization of the unhealthy attachment I have to both.

3 Likes

Well I had wonderful service from Sprint from the day I signed up in 1999… until they got swallowed by TMobile. Tmobile shut off the old 3g network my flipphone had used since 2005, so they had to give me a decent quality Android (Revvl5g - I had never heard of it). Im happy enough with my service through them that I went with their wireless internet, which is a true Godsend after nearly 5 years of 8mb CenturyLink fiber and the completely undependable Comcast (before the Xfinity brand was created).

So far pretty darn happy with Tmobile.

2 Likes

Someone online made a joke about humming “I Think We’re Alone Now” and now I can’t get the damn song out of my head.

Stupid Tiffany…

4 Likes

Just hum the Tommy James and the Shondells version, then you’ll feel better.

1 Like

I have been binge watching JAG, since Amazon has all the episodes to stream, and the intro music has been tattooed onto my brain because there hasn’t been a skip mode.

1 Like

Mrs SkinyUte has now been rear ended twice in two days. Yesterday someone backed into her car in a parking lot and today some teenager hit her while she was stopped at a red light. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu…

Pay attention while you’re driving people!!

7 Likes

people with a weird obsession about their credit score.

I may be married to one and the father of another. It something they monitor regularly and question why it went up, why did it go down, why is it different with one bureau vs. another?

It almost to the point of being a contest or a statistic measuring their self worth. I couldnt tell you what my score is currently. If I asked either of these two close members of my family they could present a power point presentation showing a timeline of ebbs and flows.

I love them but they’re Weirdos!

1 Like