The pet peeves thread

Wear soft rubber sole shoes. The harder shoes allow the static to build up and discharge. Crepe leather soles do the same thing.

6 Likes

I am imagining a lawn mower engine. Is that the idea?

I swear to FSM, this thread takes the most bizarre tangents and goes fora long stroll… :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

People in luxury cards who speed and drive like aholes. Also, motorcyclists who speed as well.

3 Likes

Stupid people who don’t wear their signs when they go out.

2 Likes

I have shopped at Costco for 25 years and have never been shocked. Maybe don’t drag your feet, people?

2 Likes

The biggest lesson learned as a child on my local rescue squad is speed. Speed is so much more dangerous than many other factors leading to crashes. Speed is also easily controlled and rarely saves any truly remarkable time. People who would regard themselves as “law abiding” seem to drive 10-20 miles above the speed with blissful indifference. Nowadays, adding a cell phone makes tragedy inevitable.
Gun toting , aggresive tailgaiters in lifted pickup trucks are the icing on the cake, and for what?

2 Likes

It must be your magnetic personality. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I never have either. I had never heard of this phenomenon.

1 Like

When I wear my topsiders, I get jolted more than a bit when walking through stores pushing a shopping cart. Then I wear my hikers or athletic walkers it doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Maybe lose the socks and step up in style… :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s potential energy in the little weiner snacks they hand out.

1 Like

Only Philistines and Plebeians wear socks with boat shoes!

Only a true heretic would imply someone wearing socks with their boat shoes! :wink:

2 Likes

You’ve never smelled my feet!

1 Like

Flying on a plane with a bunch of young kids whose parents don’t manage the said kids.

I don’t usually react to kids, but will say things to their parents.

3 Likes

I was on a flight in the row behind a family with small kids, the youngest was wailing for quite a while in the arms of the dad…who fell asleep and kicked his shoes off.

Either of those is bad enough, but both? Unpardonable.

We hit some turbulence, and the loafers started making their way back a few rows. I may have helped their journey. A price had to be paid.

Approach and arrival, the dad wakes up, “where’s my shoes?” No passengers in the vicinity said a thing. High fives were exchanged in the jetway as the offender and family searched for dad’s shoes.

12 Likes

Good old fashioned Frequent Flyer justice. Thanks for your part in doling it out.

Edit to say: a least it wasn’t this guy:

https://youtu.be/RGn-eDhbydA?t=67

3 Likes

My pet peeve is when people are mean to others because they act or think differently from the accepted norm.

OK Mother Theresa.

4 Likes

Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu was more like the high-fivers than you might think.

1 Like