The pet peeves thread

Do not take Jardiance®, if you are allergic to Jardiance® or any of its ingredients.

Let’s expand this to encompass most, if not all pharmaceutical commercials. I get it, pharma companies want to make their research money back. Let’s not inundate the general population with the ads. Let’s leave these decisions and thoughts between patient and doctor.

That leads me to another pet peeve. Insurance companies, and health insurance companies in particular. Who are they to decide what is the right treatment for me, or my family? That should be between my doc and me.

Ok, I’ll get off this soap box before I get too worked up.

2 Likes

People turning up my Dutch Oven pot and scorching food in it. They don’t understand how heating the pot, then turning it down is a way to cook a meal. I cook with that pot to conserve electricity, and it makes the best chili, chowder, stews, and pot roasts ever.

4 Likes

The only one I like is the one with side effects of swollen paraneum and anal leakage.

2 Likes

People who get their “degrees” from social media. In particular, epidemiology, physics, chemistry, and biology.

4 Likes

If you encounter those side effects, ask your doctor if ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ might be for you.

1 Like

$hitzlessomin

2 Likes

The line in a commercial that always kills me is “ask your doctor if taking XXX is right for you”. If I took that advice, all my doctor appointments would be me going down a list of drugs I saw in commercials, many of which I have no idea what the drug is even supposed to do.

4 Likes

Doc, I know you probably know what you’re doing here, but on the TV, I saw…

3 Likes

Biting your lip or cheek. So shocking and painful. Then it swells up, making it even easier to bite again.

I somehow managed to bite my lip eating ice cream the other day.

2 Likes

Arizona fans.

2 Likes

People who cant USA USA USA at inappropriate times or for no reason at all.

3 Likes

Next time that happens, join in with your own “U of A! U of A!” and then when they look at you weird, give them a hearty “Bear Down!

3 Likes

Illinois Nazis

3 Likes

I’ve got one. People who make a lot of noise past curfew (10:00 PM). People who keep me awake. They can all burn in hell as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

The fact that Doterra is a sponsor of the U.

5 Likes

How did some MLM do that anyway? Had an acquaintance quit ARUP to work there, only be laid off several months later. So DoTerra definitely has a low place of value in my heart.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but if you’re going to schedule meeting at 7am on a Monday morning - and you know that it’s at 7am their time because you specifically talked about it - have the decency to show up for the meeting. Or at least let them know you’re not going to make it.

Ghosting someone for a 7am Monday meeting is just a sh*t thing to do.

10 Likes

The clever way pop-up ads are designed so that there is a tiny X in the upper right corner. Pressing the X effectively requires pinpoint accuracy. Half the time I end up seeing the ad I’m trying to delete.

10 Likes

I hate when I set something down and then I can’t remember where I put it. Especially keys.

3 Likes