The pet peeves thread

This article reminded me of a pet peeve…everyone with their hand out expecting a tip. Don’t get me wrong, when eating out and having someone wait on me, a tip is certainly warranted. But expecting a tip when you hand me something over a counter? Or worse yet, when I order and pay online, and they solicit a tip before I receive any service. When the only service performed is cashier? Really?? In reality, I just wish employers would pay wait staff an appropriate wage and increase my food bill.

4 Likes

I completely agree with you, but in reality, way too many don’t, so I more frequently tip in those situations simply to support in a small way, good people working in good restaurants. Too many in the food industry moved on during the pandemic and too many very good establishments closed their doors.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1617904358791983109?t=-UgkW-zo05ms_56ntn4tEg&s=19

How is Rocker not on this committee?

2 Likes

Why do we call it “Taco Tuesday” when my family hates tacos?

They like burritos…enchiladas…taquitos…and Chile Rellenos.

Damned LeBron! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That sounds like a personal issue to talk to your family about and…there is something very suspect about anyone who does not love tacos.

Just sayin. :joy:

3 Likes

My short answer to the tipping getting out of control question, is a resounding yes.

2 Likes