The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

5 Likes

This might be the best version of “Both Sides Now”

2 Likes

They’re an American Band.

4 Likes

A new take on an old great. This beatboxer is amazing.

2 Likes

i bookmarked this video based on your sharing and listen to it every couple of weeks. The musicianship is awesome. the key and chord changes , the change of styles i just really enjoy this song.

2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Just read that Terry Hall, lead singer (one of, anyways) and founding member of The Specials passed today.

Damn, that one hurts. :frowning:

3 Likes

I was just listening to this one.

2 Likes

It’s that time of year…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Oooh, we doing favorite Christmas songs?

Seriously though, this one is the best.

3 Likes

My goodness…Holly Walker’s voice. Great song.

1 Like

I’ve probably posted this before, as it’s one of my favorite songs of all time.
I’m reminded of it as there was a Paul Simon special on network TV last evening of which I happened to catch a part including this tune.

This is (imho) one of the most beautiful pieces of music he wrote, and he has written many… It also contains some of his best guitar playing.

4 Likes

I got to see Buddy Guy around ‘69 at one of those old 60’s-type mixed concerts. Buddy Guy, Mobey Grape, Vanilla Fudge and the Chambers Brothers. He was great, and those type of concerts were just the best.

5 Likes

Love all of them.

2 Likes

In 68’ I was only 7, but my ability as a child to observe some of the outdoor concerts in my area )on somebody’s shoulders) was truly fantastic.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t old enough to actually attend full length concerts, but what amazing times! You know? Not only for rock and roll, but standard jazz, jazz fusion, emerging jazz-rock folk-rock, country, even big bands we’re still around, and emerging prog-rock, metal… you name it.
What a plethora of different artists collaborating with and stealing from each other’s repertoire.
I remember when FM radio was new and you could hear you know like the entire Dark Side of the Moon album and then the next minute Led Zeppelin and the next minute Poco or Loggins and Messina

5 Likes
3 Likes

The post above is where Greg Lake got the break in this song…

3 Likes

Wow! I didn’t know this side of you existed @NewbombTurk! :slight_smile:

1 Like