I’m very deep. :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
5 Likes

Maybe next year…

2 Likes

I’m attempting to run a 5K every day for 7 days straight to finish off the year. That’s a bit more than double what I usually run in a week, and is going to require some very significant motivation. Today was day 1, spun the new album from Hath to get things going.

2 Likes

Actually saw the Ventures do that live.

1 Like

5K Day two: immolation’s “Act of God” album. I had kinda forgotten about this one (came out in early 2022), and it probably deserves more consideration for the yearly top 10.

In light of getting old(er) today, I’m having a bit of a strange nostalgia trip.

4 Likes

They were great live, weren’t they? I saw them in the early 80’s at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach. Can remember if they did it though.

1 Like

Way back in the day I used to play this song around the campfire when we were on raft trips. Never could hit the falsettos very well, though. A truly warped and amazing song. Thanks.

1 Like

This is fun and informative. Ignore the brief commercial at the top.)

1 Like

I got to see Buddy Guy and Junior Wells at the Golden Bear, great venue. Went back stage and they signed a poster for me. Juniors drummer gave me a shot of gin. :confounded::face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Thinking this might make a nice bump tune for a podcast.

1 Like

5K Day 3: Darkened

Swedish melodeath hit the mark. Ran an extra mile for my longest run of the year this morning.

Hey @SkinyUte,
Just a thought, but have you ever tried “skate skiing” in the winter? It’s just as much - if not more aerobic - but not as hard on the joints… and really just awesome to be outside

Nordic Skiing With JANS.com: V1 Skate Technique
Nordic Skiing With JANS.com: V1 Skate Technique - YouTube

Looks very cool, but also looks like LOTS more work than just lacing up the running shoes and stepping out my front door every morning.

Maybe someday when I have more time. :blush:

1 Like

I guess the Modest Mouse drummer has stage-4 cancer. Their SL Summer Concert about ten years ago was packed.

3 Likes