The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

A couple others that came to mind this morning were Mors Principum Est and Edge of Sanity.

I recommend Edge of Sanity’s “Crimson” to anyone even remotely interested in metal. Ignore the silly cover art, it’s a brilliant concept album that has riffs and hooks for daaaaaaaaaays. So good.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Heard this last night on a TV show. It worked.

5 Likes

Kilby Block Party just announced the lineup for the 3-day concert. Some great bands are coming, including The Strokes. This is a big deal for Utah/SLC.

1 Like

A great deal of the bands that I would love to see have few living members left (e.g. Canned Heat), or they don’t get along (e.g. Grand Funk Railroad). Now that’s old.

1 Like

I wanted to see the Beatles; but by the time I was old enough and had money, they had been broken up for over a decade.

1 Like

I recommend either the red album, or Closer to Home

1 Like

There’s always the Rolling Stones, who I consider to be one of the greatest rock and roll bands of that same era, or ever for that matter. Jagger and Richards are the only two from the original 60’s era band still playing, but they are the two central figures musically. (The fact that Richard’s is still alive is a testament to how genetics are WAY more important than lifestyle.)

I saw them in about '66, at of all places, Lagoon, and then again in about '94 at Rice Stadium. I’d love to see them again.

3 Likes

“You kids don’t know Grand Funk Railroad? The wild shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer?”

2 Likes

I’ll bet I’m older than you but I’m going. haha

You can never go wrong quoting Homer Simpson !

1 Like

Today is Dave Brubeck’s birthday.

6 Likes

I heard the 1994 concert while sitting in my back yard on K St.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This year I’ve been listening to Tedeschi Trucks Band 24/7. They released a new album this year - in four parts - called, I Am the Moon. It’s excellent. They’re also the best live band touring today (IMHO, of course) and you can listen to high quality audience recordings of their shows on the live music archive (archive.org). I’ve seen them nearly 30 times and have tickets to five more shows this Winter.

Check them out if you haven’t already.

(I’d put up a YouTube video here if I knew how, but I’m on my phone and old).

3 Likes

Yes on Tedeschi Trucks Band. They are so great.

1 Like

Here you go.

5 Likes