The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

The commercial that it’s in has been on a lot. Same thing happened to me with Twisted Sister’s We’re Not Gonna Take It.

1 Like
6 Likes

Holy ■■■■!
Fun to watch.
Loved watching her come in after the synth solo absolutely on time with complete insouciance.

3 Likes

I had a feeling of what that word meant, but had to look it up anyway :rofl:

Irene Cara, gone @ 63

3 Likes

New Metallica

2 Likes

bevis-dancing

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t usually post on this thread but dang, this is some of the best doom I have heard in years.

2 Likes

RIP Christine.

5 Likes

I’d seen a couple really good reviews of that album but hadn’t gotten around to it yet.

Will definitely give it a listen, that song is great,

A colleague mentioned the Swedish band Katatonia today. Not familiar with death metal per se. What do you think?

Meh. I’ve always found them to be pretty bland. Much better melodeath (melodic death metal) out there.

Wilderun (by far the best American metal band working today, imo), Satyricon, Amorphis, Septicflesh, November’s Doom, (old) Opeth, Paradise Lost, Ruins of Beverast, Swallow the Sun, etc.

Thanks so much!
You know your metal

1 Like

Heh, thanks. Seriously though…go listen to Wilderun. “Sleep at the Edge of the Earth” is one of the top 10 metal albums ever recorded, imo.

I’ve been on a Black Tongue kick this week. They’re one of the most nasty, brutal, gnarly bands in my library. Perfect to liven up any holiday party!

Say , how does one make the tongue black - besides werewolf blood or battery cables…?

Pepto Bismol always does it for me.

1 Like
 Helps to be in "top form" 

in the pit…

2 Likes

I always felt the same about Katatonia. If you want sad boi metal, Sentenced, Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium are far better.

2 Likes