The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

4 Likes
5 Likes

That is a beautiful cherry sunburst Les Paul on the cover…

3 Likes

ARS
Super smooth brah.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

Been stuck in my head for over a week now.

2 Likes

The gong is on fire…that must have been wild stuff…

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Nice piece! I never really cared a great deal for most of his popular vocal hits, but he was a talented musician; one of the original Wrecking Crew.

For anyone who is not familiar with guitarist Tommy Tedesco, or the studio musicians known as the Wrecking Crew, here are a couple of short two minute teasers for a documentary you can watch on Youtube about them. Anyone familiar with the hits of the 60’s, will have heard hours of music recorded by the wrecking crew, but released under other performers names, usually with no credit to the actual musicians.

4 Likes

Great vids !

1 Like

Wichita Lineman is a classic

5 Likes

Happy B-day to the great Talking Heads bass player Tina Weymouth

3 Likes

And now for something completely different. My wife is a naturalized citizen from Argentina. They do that tango thing down there. Apparently, it takes two.

2 Likes

Where I heard this today, I don’t remember. I think it was MUZAK in Target.

1 Like

Love David Byrne…and Celia Cruz!

We’re celebrating Thanksgiving a day early and as such I’m listening to and posting this a day early (also means I’m beating @Greginslc to the post).

He posted it last year and it was the first time I’d heard it in a generation. I always liked the tune when I was young, and particularly the finger picking guitar part, but could never play it. Since I had recently started playing a lot last year when I heard it I tried again to learn the piece and found I could now play it without much trouble. It’s become my go to warm up tune. Thanks @Greginslc for the timely reminder.

The Greatest Thanksgiving song of all time:

4 Likes

Started cooking the pumpkin pies today.

Will probably get a visit from the police on Friday…for coffee and pie. :grin:

8 by 10 glossy photos will not be involved.

4 Likes