The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

3 Likes
4 Likes

Fontaines DC’s new album ‘Skinty Fia’ is an instant classic. I was rooting for them when they were nominated for a Best Rock Album grammy a couple years ago… I think they may just get it this time around.

Angstful, politically-charged Post Punk bliss. Think the Cure or the Smiths meets IDLES. “I Love You” is a hauntingly dark ode to their native Ireland. Pure poetry.

I was supposed to go to the Amorphis show tonight, but ended up with two sick kids today. So I guess I’ll just listen to their new album instead.
:frowning:

i will be listening to The Cult in two weekends in slc. Pretty pysched for that show.

1 Like

Had to prove this “obscure” 80’s band existed because my millennial daughter didn’t believe it existed because she is so “80’s”…from a kid born in the early 1990’s.

The next thing you know, she will be challenging “Goody Two Shoes” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Took me hours to put together, but given that it is Eurovision season in full swing (and American Song Contest time ALSO) here’s my own 0personal playlist of danceable songs from 2015 or so onward.

Men Without Hats is my ultimate “guilty pleasure” band. I own all their albums and can sing along to every word. :grimacing:

They’re silly and goofy and ridiculous and completely outside my usual musical wheelhouse…but I absolutely love them.

2 Likes

MAJOR UPDATE: Just learned today that now CANADA is getting in on the act! As of next year they will ahve their own competition.

Or Dexie’s Midnight Runners. Or The Vapors.

The 80’s has some awesome one-hit wonders.

2 Likes

In a lot of cases, the one hit wonders benefited from a music video…the kind of thing people used to find on MTV. :wink:

1 Like
6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Interesting… I’ve never seen video of him playing before, and was surprised to see him using his thumb and fingers on the right hand rather than a pick. It’s very rare to see someone playing that style of music, on that sort of instrument (and strings), without a pick.

You can really hear where SRV got a lot of his licks !

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure why I would wake up with this song in my head today… this is about the 4th time I’ve listened to it :slight_smile:

And on a related note: how are Jagger and Richards still active at what 79 years old, particularly after the “anything but healthy lifestyle” they’ve lived all these years?

4 Likes