The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

On this day many years ago my older brother Mark passed away. These two songs always make me think of him.

5 Likes

5 Likes

That old 50’s cherry sunburst Les Paul is a spectacular guitar and it’s always fun to hear a blues/rock guitarist playing parallel octaves, as you can immediately infer they listened to a lot of Wes Montgomery jazz recordings from back the 60’s.

3 Likes

No way to know for sure, since the photo at the bottom of the post is in black and white, but odds are that the guitar Greg Allman played in the following tune was also a cherry sunburst Les Paul. I used to own one of those guitars, but could NEVER have played anything like that… nobody else ever could.

2 Likes

I’m sure you meant Duane Allman, but yes I think it is.

3 Likes

That Allman Brother’s Live at the Fillmore was one of the great live albums recorded there. Another one is Humble Pie.

4 Likes

Foo Fighters. Just Foo Fighters.

2 Likes

yes, brain cramp :frowning:

3 Likes
4 Likes

as a massive fan of the Eurovision Song Contest, I’m listening to this wonderful recap of all 40 songs for this year. BTW if you’ve been living under a rock, the AMERICAN SONG CONTEST started 2 weeks ago. So far it appears to be a success and very popular with online voters.

Make sure to run the bar back to the start, It seems to be starting about 1/4 into the list

2 Likes

Caught a bunch of shows on Broadway but “American Utopia” has been playing since I’ve seen it on the closing Friday. My seats kind of sucked because I bought them late:

2 Likes

Been Listening to a decent amount of Coin… I really like this song

I listened to this last night - was not previously familiar with his work, but enjoyed what I heard…

2 Likes

I got to see David Byrne on this tour in SLC, before he put it on Broadway. It was amazing, one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. I’ve always liked the Talking Heads but this one blew me away.

I probably would have preferred it there because apparently the seats were made with James Madison as the average-sized male.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes