The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

1 Like

Not listening to them, but thought it was funny as hell
May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'Nickelback threatens to upload more music on Spotify if they don't remove Joe Rogan'

7 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

The L5 that Matheny is playing, and the Les Paul that Neil Young is playing, are both spectacular guitars. I’m very envious.

2 Likes

Neil played Down by the River at Usana a few years ago. It was about 15 minutes long and amazing.

4 Likes

Another one. Lol
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'YOKO ONO HAS THREATENED TO PUT HER MUSIC ON SPOTIFY IF JOE ROGAN IS NOT REMOVED'

4 Likes

I was initially going to skip it, but decided to slap on the N95 mask and head to the Ghost show at Maverick Center tomorrow. I know they’re cheesy and silly, but damn do they put on an absolutely brilliant live show. They’re one of a handful of “can’t miss” bands on my list.

Trying to decide whether to bother with the openers or not. Twin Temple’s evil doo-wop is pretty fun, but I’ve seen them three times before and they haven’t released anything new since last time. It’s always amusing to watch people see them for the first time though, as they kinda mess with your brain (pretty sure they caused a poor usher to walk off the job when they performed a faux Satanic initiation rite mid-set last time). What little I’ve heard of Volbeat sounds like generic boring radio rock, so I’m not terribly jazzed to catch them. Maybe that’ll be beer line time.

2 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes

I should have posted this in the “The Happy Thread”, but it’s what I’m listening to right now…After 5+ decades, I still cannot listen to this song, without instantly cheering up.

3 Likes

Saw Jonathan Sebastian in an old church in upstate NY 35 years ago. Didn’t realize he was an accomplished multi instrumentalist. Really nice Vibes. Excellent show.

1 Like

I woke up with this song on my mind and had to hear it. I probably have not thought of it in decades; it’s funny how your mind works…

Hearing it instantly reminded me of what a spectacular voice Sarah Vaughan had, and I’ve been stuck listening much of the morning. Here’s one with a string arrangement I never cared for, but the vocals are out-of-this-world.

4 Likes

I wake up nearly every day with a completely random song in my head. It’s typically songs that I either really dislike or ones that I haven’t heard or thought about in decades.

Yesterday, I woke up with Madonna’s “Papa Don’t Preach” running through my head, for some damn reason. I hate that song!

2 Likes

My mother’s (RIP) favorite singer

1 Like

A Perfect album from a Super Group that only put one album out.
c0019388__17180.1573015101.500.750

Philip Glass, Metamorphosis. Perfect work music.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been listening to these guys a lot lately. Willy DeVille, another talent taken way too soon by heroin.