The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

JALC Orchestra will be doing their annual Jazz Christmas program this week on Livestream if you’re interested.

1 Like
1 Like

Wonderful stuff!

This just came up on Spotify. An old favorite.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

The album which I fully expect will top my 2022 list released this week, Wilderun’s “Epigone”. It’s absolutely stunning and proves that Wilderun is - by far - the best American metal band working right now. They leaned far more heavily into the “melo” end of the “melodeath” label this time around, but have done it so beautifully. It out-Opeths even the best classic Opeth albms in how they have combined symphonic, folk, prog, and death into a sum far greater than it’s parts. Underneath the beautiful arrangements, there’s an undercurrent of pain, loss, and, ultimately, hopefulness. The 14-minute track, “Woolgatherer”, is one of the most epic symphonic metal tracks I’ve ever heard.

Every time I think these guys can’t get better, they just…do. I’ve listened to it over a dozen times this week and I’m already blown away. The reviews are off the charts. I looked up 20 different reviews, and the lowest I saw was an 8/10, most being higher. I was a little worried that getting signed to a major label would dilute their sound, but that fear was entirely unfounded. This is just as amazing as their two previous albums.

This is going to be an absolutely essential album for 2022 and beyond. Cannot recommend it highly enough. 10/10, 5 stars, and so on.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

New Jack White song is excellent. He’s coming out with two albums this year and will be in SLC.

1 Like
1 Like

Great song, fabulous duo with another of my all-time favorites, Joni. I had never heard this recording before - Thanks for posting!

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

So much talent!

1 Like
2 Likes