Pink Floyd “Pulse”
Beatles “Abby Road”
Niel Diamond “Stones”
Eric Clapton “Live Blues”
Bob Seger “Live Bullet”

1 Like

Dave Grohl covers Jump

2 Likes

I’m such a Jeff Lynne fan. There was a televised ELO concert in England I believe recently. But how cool is Roy Orbison? – right down to the voice. The guy screams cool. Wouldn’t want his life though. So much tragedy. Not sure I could’ve overcome it.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to Dave’s autobiography Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music. If I could have lunch with any celebrity, it would be him. He has great stories, and he seems like a really down-to-earth, great guy (with massive talent).

2 Likes

This was so interesting for me to watch. It was the first time I’d ever seen the Beatles in the creative process like this. Fascinating.

6 Likes

Black Pumas were at The Depot last night. This guy has a GREAT voice & stage presence.

2 Likes

James Taylor’s Christmas album. My favorite song is here.

3 Likes
1 Like

My favorite Christmas song.

5 Likes

If anyone is forcing you to listen to Christmas music, consider Norah Jones bluesy take on some classics as well as some new ones. She is very easy on the ears.

1 Like

I always liked this Christmas song. The Monkees singing a cappella

4 Likes

Bad Religion put out a surprisingly awesome punk Christmas album a few years back. Nothing fancy, just straight up traditional Christmas songs done in that style. It’s fantastic.

2 Likes

Bright Eyes and Low are both terrific and highly acclaimed bands but their Christmas albums are often overlooked. Two of my favorite Xmas albums.

I don’t listen to Kenny G and don’t own any of his recordings. If I ever do hear his music it’s because he happens to be on the car radio while I have it on and I’m thinking about something else. Still, I found this piece to be pretty interesting. I might watch the HBO documentary.

1 Like

I don’t listen to Kenny G or have any of his recordings either, but thanks for posting this… The HBO documentary sounds intriguing enough that I put it on my list of videos to watch. Did you watch it @LAUte, and if so, I’m curious about what you thought.

2 Likes

I have an old vinyl recording of this album in storage and have not heard it in years. I was just reminded of the album and remembered this tune (it’s in an unusual time signature, 6/4) and had to hear it again. GREAT STUFF!

Not yet. What I like about the filmmaker’s approach is that she lets the audience members make up their own minds. I had no idea Kenny was so controversial or what he himself thinks about that. I think any music lover would probably enjoy the documentary, or at least find it very interesting.

Here’s a short interview with Penny Lane, the documentary’s maker.

Yes, I agree completely - I read the article before I posted previously, and the manner in which the filmmaker intends to presents the facts and let the audience decide is what made the documentary sound appealing.

I’m going to have to renew my HBO subscription later in the week to watch it.