The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

3 Likes

Not sure if I posted this before - I took a look and couldnt find it.

THis link is to the special interval act she did at Eurovision this year, start it at 1:10 to avoid the ling intro… It is a mashup of Forever (and you can see that the visualizer video above was basically part of the planning for this amazing staging), and last year’s winning song “Tattoo”.

The woman is a phenomenal singer and performer – and I truly hope she can make some major impact in North America after this last year or so.

2 Likes

Nao Yoshioka Tokyo Funk session

3 Likes

Really digging the new album from Sarke. Part doom, part black metal, part symphonic…it’s what you’d get by throwing Mercyful Fate, Candlemass, and Abbath in a blender. Really good stuff.

2 Likes

A lot of work went into this.

Bluegrass on a Sunday morning broadcast from the Rogue Valley

Screen Shot 2024-06-23 at 9.35.23 AM

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve never been a huge fan of Willie Nelson, but I’ve always loved his recoding of this nice old tune. I’ve never seen the Movie, Red Headed Stranger from which this scene comes, does anyone recommend it?

3 Likes

If you like funk/jazz, this performance by Nao Yoshioka is fantastic.

8 Likes

Her voice deters from the work of the other musicians, in my opinion.

Octoploid is the new band with members of Amorphis and Barren Earth. I almost gave it a miss entirely because of the incredibly stupid name, but this is really good stuff. Melodeath that is very reminiscent of “Tales From the Thousand Lakes”-era Amorphis. (Side note: “Tales” turned 30 this week. Makes me feel so damn old)

A fun mix of death, prog, folk, stoner doom, psychedelic, and even pirate metal with some funky organ grooves and even Gregorian chants thrown in for good measure.

In short: Really stupid band name, really great music.

2 Likes

Some background music for washing your car on a hot summer day.

1 Like

I can see where you are coming from. Either way, a good tune.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder how the community of Casper, WY took this piece.
My favourite was the giant chaos symbol.

That community is wildly enthusiastic about such a long time community institution having a massive renaissance post COVID>. they have returned to Finals after 13 years away, and even then that was only one year… Its been DECADES since they were in finals in subsequent years, and this year looks to be number 3 in a row.

THe people up there know very well it’s only “satanic” or whatever as part of the storytelling.

2 Likes