The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

Ever since watching the Billy Joel concert, these have been stuck in my head.

Scenes from an Italian Restaraunt

Highland Falls

1 Like

I respect your feelings on the matter.

3 Likes

Derek Trucks!

The top comment on that Harry Stiles video is:

“These mushrooms are really kicking in. I’m seeing the guy from One Direction dressed as my nan singing Sledgehammer on Howard Stern.” HAHA

That was a great cover.

1 Like

The new Hellbutcher album is an absolute blast. Very reminiscent of 80’s thrash, leaning into the Exodus or Overkill vibe but with some amazing guitar work.

Just a stupid fun album from start to finish.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

If you don’t know Melody, get to know her. Love her.

2 Likes

Bluegrass broadcast from the land of the weird

music_from_the_true_vine

3 Likes

While Possessed’s “Seven Churches” is generally regarded as the very first death metal album, the band that really launched death metal was Death. The brainchild of Chuck Schuldiner, Death recorded seven albums between 1983 and 1998, each one an absolute masterpiece of the genre. In terms of influence on extreme metal music, Death really have no peers. They are THE band that truly defines death metal.

Unfortunately, Schuldiner passed from cancer in 2001. Death stopped touring in 1999, and I never had the opportunity to see them…until tonight (kinda).

Several of the remaining members recently formed Death To All, a “tribute” band of sorts. While one could never hope to replace Chuck as the head of the beast (he was truly a singular talent), the guy standing in for him does an admirable job and the rest of the crew is still in top form. After their work with Death, most of them have since gone on to record with other big metal bands (Gene Hoglan and Steve DiGorgio in Testament, Max Phelps in Cynic, etc.) and having them all come back together for this unique celebration of such a seminal band is something I thought I’d never get to experience.

For an old-school metalhead, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Now I just have to figure out how to stay focused through my workday so I can get to this.

2 Likes

Chuck S. and Criss Oliva are the two deaths in the music world I still have trouble coping with.

3 Likes

This is the “metal” that I listen to.

6 Likes

It’s Chuck and Bowie for me.

Both were absolute geniuses, gone far too soon.

2 Likes

God willing, this will be me as a senior citizen. :joy: :joy:

7 Likes
4 Likes

I never really thought of Norah Jones being a musician but her guitar playing at the end is great.

2 Likes