The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

Was there for Sasquatch in 2010. Incredible experience, and much better than Coachella. The views were amazing!

1 Like

Joan Baez singing “It Ain’t Me, Babe” with 16 year-old Randy Scruggs. She imitates her ex-boyfriend Bob Dylan as she sings Dylan’s song. She was a bit before my time, but I do love her voice.

3 Likes

A nice old Beatles tune. I love the vocal harmony on the chorus.

4 Likes

Not a big fan of the Eagles (I’m sort of like The Dude), but when you pair them with Linda Ronstadt they make a great sound.

6 Likes

A very obscure mid 60’s tune, that I recall from it’s reissue after Woodstock when I was about 13 (yeah, I’m THAT old).

It’s one of my favorite tunes from my youth, from one of my favorite band leaders/composers/guitarists of the time, John Sebastien founder of the Lovin’ Spoonful (who, by the way, was one of both Lennon and McCartney’s favorite songwriters of the era).

5 Likes

A break from my hard rock roots. I was in 9th grade and I really liked these tunes. The first was a solo piece that was a departure from his “garage” sound with Paul Revere and the Raiders. The second was a very underrated hit by a band with a lot of hits.

3 Likes

I got to see both the Spoonful and later John Sebastian solo. Always a favorite of mine.

3 Likes

Saw him play in an old abandoned church in Saranac Lake, NY. Great show. Multi-instrumentalist. I think Maria Muldaur might have opened for him

1 Like

Watching the PAC championship game on ESPN with Bill Walton and Dave Pasch, Arizona vs UCLA.

Walton’s on his best behavior, is actually focused on and talking about the game… impressive!

Then, of course, Walton starts to wander a little, talking about Arizona’s Tubelius.

“He’s from Lithuania, the wonderful center of culture and art. Have you ever watched (some movie about Lithuania)?”

Pasch: “Uhhh…. yes

Of course Pasch hasn’t seen that movie - he’s just figured out how to shut up Walton, when need be.

3 Likes

Maria Muldaur and John Sebastian (along with Cass Elliot) grew up together near Greenwich Village in the late 50’s and often play together.

She’s great too:

3 Likes

Here’s something a little different. The movie “The Mission” has haunted me ever since the first time I saw it. This piece, “Gabriel’s Oboe,” is essentially the theme for the entire film–all the other tunes are variations on this one. Here Ennio Morricone conducts it himself. Everytime I hear it I am seeing the movie in my mind again.

2 Likes

I saw her open for Robert Klein at Georgetown many years ago.

1 Like

It took a few spins to click, but I’m really liking the new Enslaved album that dropped last week. It’s not very often you see a band taking significant risks and departures on their sixteenth album.

Can’t wait to see them again in April (co-headlining with Insomnium on 4/15 at The Complex).

1 Like

Sleeping Ute is one of those songs that sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday or 50 years ago. Such a cool sound and just… timeless.

3 Likes

These pics make me home sick.
Before I was a heathen, I went on a LDS mission to Denver and Red Rocks was in one of my areas. And I’m originally from So Cal and miss it often!

3 Likes

I saw a show at Red Rocks for the first time last fall. What an incredible place.

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

I love Bob Dylan and the Dead so I love this Bob Weir cover of one of the greatest songs ever written.

2 Likes
5 Likes