The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

Remember when Wyoming played in the Vegas Bowl and drained Vegas dry of alcohol?

Could tOSU - Utah do the same to Pasadena?

Just park at the Rose Bowl Brookside golf course like everyone else. Yes, it will take a little while to get out but, so what!, you just won a Rose Bowl. Good choice of staying in West Covina as hotel prices are lower. The downside is you wonā€™t run into a lot of your fellow Ute fans. Just make the short drive to Old Town Pasadena for dinners.

2 Likes

The Alabama fans at the Sugar Bowl were genuinely awesome. They were congratulatory, gracious, and refused to make excuses. Online fans are a different story. Maybe itā€™s the difference between actual Alabama alumni and Walmart Bama fans, but the fans at the actual game were awesome.

8 Likes

I know the type you met at the Sugar Bowl. They were with me through the Shula, Mikr Price, Franchione and Dubose years. After the Sugar Bowl our Fanbase got so many randos jumping on board. I only go to one game a year now because I hate the atmosphere. Iā€™ve started being a tourist and visiting other games as a neutral.

Sounds like almost identical to me. Booked same hotel, similar parade seats. Only difference is bought the all day, parade and game parking at Parsons.

I got mine Friday night through Seatgeek. I probably overpaid. Section 24, row 22 @ $450 a seat.

1 Like

**Rapport ā€¦ Report would be like, a TOTALLY different concept. LOL Not trying to be pedantic, but this is one case where spelling makes a huge difference :wink:

All you bowl goers had better treat LeVar Burton nice.

2 Likes

There is some great looking merch at RedZone.

https://www.uredzone.com/Utah-Utes/Promotions/2022-Rose-Bowl-Game

2 Likes

So hey LA, if you donā€™t purchase your full limit of 20 or 24 ticketsā€¦

2 Likes

We have a bunch of our tailgate group who are all staying at the same hotel so we may just have a party there haha. I think weā€™ll head up to Pasadena for dinner and mingling ahead of the game. Thanks for the confirmation on parking.

Theres nothing to do in West Covina. Itā€™s a bedroom community with a 50 year old mall and strip mall restaurants. Still a good choice to stay for hotel rates but go to Old Town Pasadena and Newport Beach for the fun and action. Your own or rental car is a must.

FTFO!

2 Likes

Not so much spelling, as to grammar. Not to be pendantic.

People are singing the praises of West Covina.

7 Likes

Good call. Iā€™m thinking I should have done the all day parsons thing, too.

:rofl:

1 Like

Hereā€™s what I understand on that. There are three types of tickets: Standard Ticket, Verified Reseller Ticket, and CA Resident Ticket.

If you bought tickets, check them in the Ticketmaster app. If they say ā€œStandard Ticketā€ at the top, you should be good. If they say anything else, you might be in trouble. I did chat with a couple folks on FB over the weekend who tried to buy some of the CA resident tickets, and they got a popup before finalizing their purchase with that ā€œYou must be a CA resident to use theseā€ message.

I say all that with the caveat that itā€™s only information from folks online who have run into this issue before. I have reached out to Ticketmaster directly multiple times over the last three days, and have yet to get any sort of response. When you call their customer support line, you get a message that literally says ā€œWe canā€™t handle all the calls weā€™re getting, so send us an e-mail. Bye.ā€ and you get disconnected (any emails just disappear into a black hole, of course). They are such an absolute dumpster fire of a company.

Still, I feel confident enough that I booked hotel yesterday. Guess Iā€™ll wait until the 14th and hope I donā€™t get screwed.

Iā€™m just glad he didnā€™t go all Walter Sobchak on me like he did to others ahead of the CCG.

3 Likes

One of the best all-time hilarious showsā€¦