The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

How did you buy your game tickets? Ticketmaster? Something like that? You got a plane tickets and hotel, but no tickets yet. I’m planning to go through the Crimson Club offering tomorrow.

Got game tix through Ticketmaster on Friday night after the CCG.

1 Like

Sounds like there’s a high likelihood the U’s allotment will be gone before they get to the lower Crimson Club levels (like mine). I bought end zone tickets weeks ago but I’d like better seats… while I’m waiting for my CC window I went ahead and bought tickets from OSU since they’re selling their whole allotment publicly.

Yeah I’ll end up with a bunch of extra tickets to get rid of but it’s the m$%#$ Rose Bowl, baby!! Good problem to be dealing with :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

Well got 5 adults to fly to LA, tickets, hotels etc. So it’s possible. Though the airlines and ticket resalers certainly take a pound of flesh along the way. Wish I was young enough to road trip it but that wasn’t going to happen.

Flight tip…at least for a few more seats…if you use frontier and are willing to go through denver on the way there and Vegas on the way back you can get from SL to Ontario in about 5 hours (which beats driving) and save about half off what I’ve seen flying any other way.

2 Likes

Just did this for two face value $270/each tickets. If by some stroke of luck, and remember my in-laws call me “Lucky” because I’m not, my CC opportunity comes through Saturday and I can do better, I’ll put these up for sale to other Ute fans at my cost.

It’s nice having options rather than fretting for a week.

4 Likes

I looked at the picture and for a moment thought it was a score Prediction Utah 11-6 :grimacing:

1 Like

[quote="EUte,

IMHO it would be super awkward to sit in the middle of the Ohio State section. It would be a totally different vibe, not as much fun, and potentially hostile (I’ve seen it). Rose Bowl sells alcohol.

But you have basically the same colors so maybe they won’t notice you. Unless it’s your only option I would not do it. She’ll out the bucks to sit with your own. Who knows when you’ll be back? Ask the Dirty Hippies.

FTFO!

1 Like

If social media is any indicator, hundreds or thousands of these seem to be going to Utah fans. There is some speculation that OSU may choose to change course on their approach if they see their ST holder/alum base having issues.

1 Like

Kirk Herbstreit speculated we’ll have 50,000 fans there given how we’ve travelled. The fact that driving to the area is an option really doesn’t hurt us in that regard.

1 Like

I think that estimate might be a bit low, tbh.

7 Likes

It doesn’t have to get hostile as long as you establish a fun report with those around you from the get-go, in my experience. Wish them well, tell everyone let’s have fun, give them respect, and discuss the Utes objectively and it usually goes well, unless you’re in Provo.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m really hoping for the Rose Bowl to resemble the Fiesta Bowl in 2005.

9 Likes

What are the odds that the LSU fans show up and drink it all before the game again? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

that byu vs. utah Disneyland gear count around New Years Day

3 Likes

We have our hotel in West Covina. We are driving down since I’m an old hat at driving 12+ hours to Canada every year for the past 15 years. It looks like getting a parking spot at the golf course is the way to go? Normally we hang out after the game for an hour or so to let traffic thin out in SLC. I’m guessing it will take longer for traffic to thin out in Pasadena? I don’t care about beating the traffic since we don’t mind waiting after the game. Any insight on how the parking works would be appreciated.

1 Like

That’s all true, but 32 ounce beers can travel from several rows above after your team scores the go-ahead touchdown to seal the game.

Maybe Ohio State fans are nicer than Penn State fans.

FTFO

3 Likes

If someone is dumb enough to waste 32 oz of beer paid for at stadium prices that’s their problem. I think I still win.

6 Likes

Nope. Iowa fans and Ohio fans are the WORST. Then Alabama fans.

1 Like