The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

Crimson Club website is down. They’re scrambling to get people their tix. The U. has lots of tickets (I got mine) there’s just a bottleneck. I imagine some tech wizard is fixing the site–it interacts with Ticketmaster…

Thanks for pointing out that the Fiesta Bowl was 17 years ago. I feel ancient.

3 Likes

So do I. At that time I thought the Utes had reached a pinnacle they’d never surpass–busting the BCS. I did not dare dream of what is happening now.

3 Likes

One of my younger underclassmen was in the Utah marching band for the Sugar Bowl and he said the same thing. He said that the whole experience was just wonderful and the Bama fans were stunned to be sure, but super gracious.

OTOH, Don’t get me started on Barry Switzer…

4 Likes

Oh Snap! That Interlocking U is PRIME!
182-1707255-1

7 Likes

Oh Bozo the Switzer. Didn’t like him at OU, really disliked him as HC of my Cowboys. Then the icing on cake, his Utah doesn’t belong on the same field as Alabama BS. Still irks me.

2 Likes

Anyone arriving before December 29th: https://www.axs.com/events/406158/the-go-go-s-tickets?skin=microsofttheater&utm_source=microsofttheater&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=MT_TheGogos21

I hope you’re right. After the game Friday I went to look and they all said “Pasadena resident only” and wouldn’t allow me to buy but then I checked a little while later and they all said “standard ticket” and I purchased mine. I’m worried that some glitch in the system made all the Pasadena resident tickets show as standard tickets inadvertently and that’s what they will try to fix by possibly cancelling all of them without a Pasadena address.

I bought some from OSU just in case (but I’m not clear if those are guaranteed either) and if there’s any left from the U when it gets to my membership level I’ll probably buy those too and just sell if I get more than one pair of tickets. I’m not looking to make a buck, just want to make sure I get tickets as nothing seems certain at this point.

2 Likes

The way it works is there is a custom front end that basically sits on top of the TM system. The tickets all reside within the TM system. Sometimes the custom front end glitches when talking to the TM system depending on the configuration. The TM system itself is very robust. I remember load testing ahead of the 2002 Athens Olympics and were able to process 60K tickets a minute on that older version. I’m guessing it’s the Crimson Club level verification step that is the bottleneck.

Someone on the Utah Ticket Exchange FB group posted this today. Not my info (so take it with whatever amount of salt you feel is appropriate), but it seems like unless you had to punch in a ZIP code to buy the tickets, you should be good.

"Update for anyone who purchased tickets from 12/3-12/4 on Ticketmaster:

I reached out to tickets@tournamentofroses.com to see if my tickets would be cancelled since I purchased them on 12/3 after the Utes won. They wrote back saying if we didn’t enter a zip code to unlock the tickets, then they will not be cancelled. They said the information message box took longer than they would have liked to be removed but the zip code restriction had already been lifted. So should be good if this is your situation but also can confirm with that email!"

1 Like

That seems to be the case. The folks who called me told me it wasn’t working today (the first day!). They sounded like their hair was on fire.

Like others have said it looks like we’re in the clear (I bought mine Friday night during the 4th quarter).

2 Likes

I bought mine in November. The Pasadena resident presale was before that. I think someone was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I paid $800 for three. I now see Scalpers selling for $900 a pop. Insane.

To be fair, that notice was on the ticket purchase page. Because it gave absolutely no indication what tickets did or did not fall in the “restricted area” and just listed a purchase time frame, I think people were right to be concerned.

Plus, it’s Ticketmaster…a company long known for doing really sh*tty and really shady things.

4 Likes

My window was today at 1 pm and I had difficulty for 15 minutes but then it worked fine. I was amazed at how many seats were already taken. I think everyone with purchasing capacity is buying maximum tickets.

A block of tickets for the parade and game are always reserved and offered to residents of the city of Pasadena. It’s a Pasadena thing, not a resident of California thing.

FTFO!

Could be worse. They could sell them on AXS. AXS slogan is “Making Ticketmaster seem competent.”

1 Like

I grew up near Chatsworth. :slight_smile: I was a kid when the Manson Family was hanging out at the ranch there.

My synagogue is there.

2 Likes

Aw, the Jewish girlfriend I wish I had, even if she was a bit crazy. I actually saw it being filmed on location a few years ago.

1 Like

I’m confused by this thread. I just went to the TicketMaster page, and the cheapest tickets were $525. So as an alumnus and California resident, how to get the $25 tickets?

Big Pharma doesn’t compensate me enough for shilling for vaccines to afford $525.

1 Like