The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

You would think with all the money Weddle made in the NFL he could afford some pants without holes.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yep, no lunch for me!

The Rose Bowl is a sacred location and those were his holy pants.

4 Likes

Pulls out wallet…drops a $50 in the tip jar of the piano player…Whispers ”If you play more sets to keep this guy off the stage, more will be coming - I promise”…goes back to drink.

4 Likes

I’d say, yes, it was overpriced, but we had plenty of food and drinks. The tequila punches they were making were pretty good. And, as you say, that band was quite good. Very tight and I thought the songs in their sets were well chosen for the demographic.

1 Like

I got a chuckle over the fact that they called those Palomas. They really weren’t Palomas, but I agree they were quite good.

For those that watched the game on television, did ESPN (a.k.a. Disney mega conglomerate Inc.) include any coverage of the Rose Bowl Moment of Silence and/or Ty Jordan/Aaron Lowe?

Can’t pass.

Yes, briefly but adequately I thought.

I thought it very fitting and interesting that they played Bad Moon On the Rise. The fact that it didn’t sound like a tune they play regularly, I suspect it was a request.

1 Like

Our problem was that we got there a little later than we should have–but not all that late, and for that price they should’ve had plenty of food available.

I paid $50 for the official Alumni tailgate the last time we played at SDSU in the MWC. I wound up only getting a cheap steamed hot dog and a can of diet Coke. I realize these things are a fundraiser but that’s ridiculous. To run out of food at a big event like the Rose Bowl is unacceptable especially at $150 person.

Meanwhile if you RSVPed before they filled up you could have tailgated with some football alumni who were near us on the golf course and for $20 they had plenty of burgers, hot dogs, and taco fixings. I had already eaten or I might have had some but we just chatted with some of the former players.

The golf course was a cool place to tailgate and it was easy to get in and out. We left our hotel in West Covina at 7 and were parked in Lot 6 on the west side of the course by 745. It was a bit muddy in spots from the rain but not bad at all. It was great to be with our regular crew there and to meet new people.

I definitely want to go again if Utah makes it there again.

4 Likes

The Utefans dinner in Colorado Springs in 2010 during the farewell tour was an adventure. It didn’t cost a lot, but it was an adventure.

I thought the same thing. Where I thought that band nailed it was on Sam & Dave covers.

once concern I have is that if college football goes to an 8 or 12 team playoff (which seems inevitable) what happens to the Rose Bowl? I assume it would host playoff games and essentially kill the historical B1G vs. PAC12 matchup. I believe both conferences love the Rose Bowl and the history surrounding it and want to keep that alive, but I don’t think that’s possible.

One of the best recent Rose Bowls was the Georgia v Oklahoma playoff game. Bowl tie-ins should be considered but not law. This year was rare where it was a great game. Recently the Alliance didn’t bring a good game.

1 Like

Bulletin board material for USC, encouragement for our guys.

1 Like

I stopped reading as soon as they referred to Whittingham as "Urban Meyer’s defensive coordinated. Kyle as a coach is a Ron McBride/Fred Whittingham product. Meyer had some influence but not to the degree that Kyle should be called Urban’s anything.

Meyer did the equivalent of a coaching drive by at Utah, and now they are pretending like he has anything to do with anything 18 seasons later, idiots.

4 Likes

Can’t be bulletin board material if it’s true. And it is.

FTFO!

Yeah, I don’t see how it’s bulletin board material. It’s pretty hard to dispute that Utah is the program to beat in the South. Utah should be as good or better next year.

1 Like