The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

North end for us, right under the video board

4 Likes

I’m waving at all of you. Have a great game experience. With an estimated 78,000 of you there (source:ESPN), I hope y’all can turn it into Rice-Eccles South. Cheer the team on to another big win.

GO UTES!!!

ROAST THE BUCKEYES!!!

2 Likes

It’s 10-1 Utah fans, no lie.

6 Likes

Just saw the stadium on television. Looks great Utes! Let’s go!

3 Likes

Loved the tempo!!!

3 Likes

Great start. BTW, there is enough anst and bitterness and envy on Cougarboard today to provide a great PhD thesis on psychosis. You love to see it. Go Utes!

4 Likes

Wow! Pour it on

1 Like

Spectacular catch!

3 Likes

Great game by our guys. This team is one of the all time greats. Go Utes!

4 Likes

Does anyone know why Jackson didn’t go in when Cam went down?

I don’t but someone told me perhaps because JQJ has hinted at transferring. My guess is Barnes fit the scheme and game plan and being late in the game, didn’t want to change it up? Seems loke JQJ running ability would have beem nice to have. Barnes did a great job considering. Ran for a 1st and nice touch on the TD.

3 Likes

Just looking around the stadium and the cell phone lights during the tribute to Tyler and Aaron, it looked like 70% to me.

1 Like

We finally found it. It was pretty uninspiring, but in the end I spent too much money on some sweatshirts.

1 Like

Tell the truth…you spend too much money on a lot of things. :wink: :rofl::rofl:

Enjoy the gear.

2 Likes

I thought the merch was pretty underwhelming. Plus, the lines were completely ridiculous.

1 Like

Well, I am pretty unhappy with the official tailgate. The tickets were very expensive, the lines were long, the food was horrible, and they ran out of it. All I got out of my 5 tickets was one diet Pepsi. My family resolved that if we’re ever going to a Rose Bowl again we are going to tailgate on our own out on the golf course. We saw lots of people doing that, and it looked like they were having a lot of fun.

7 Likes

I remember paying for the experience at the Fiesta bowl … where there were no Tostitos chips available…

Vowed to never pay for that again.

1 Like

My first Utes game was a blast. Are they all like that? Honestly, y’all gave Ohio everything they could handle. At the end of the day Whitt did more with his team than Day but a couple decisions let them back in. Congrats on being Conference champs and entertaining the hell out of me. I have opinions on the fan base but I will leave those for later. Some views from my seats at the parade and the game:

Utah Band and Cheerleaders heading down Colorado.

As you can tell, I like High up seats when I can.

7 Likes

If it is an option, dining in the golf course clubhouse doesn’t suck. That’s where I went to “tailgate” in 2006 with my son, my neighbor, and his son. We did the roadie to see Utah open the season that year. It didn’t hurt the cause that it was Labor Day Weekend and we were able to plan out a full mini vacation for the trip. Went to Magic Mountain and watched a Dodger game. It was an awesome trip. To get back to the earlier comment…

The Clubhouse was good and not too pricey. It definitely cut down on the amount of logistical planning for going to the game.

For next time.

1 Like

The U’s official party’s/tailgates have always sucked. They overcharge and under deliver 90% of the time.

Can you believe they wanted $95 for a 3 year old to attend this one?

3 Likes