The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

We finally found it. It was pretty uninspiring, but in the end I spent too much money on some sweatshirts.

1 Like

Tell the truth…you spend too much money on a lot of things. :wink: :rofl::rofl:

Enjoy the gear.

2 Likes

I thought the merch was pretty underwhelming. Plus, the lines were completely ridiculous.

1 Like

Well, I am pretty unhappy with the official tailgate. The tickets were very expensive, the lines were long, the food was horrible, and they ran out of it. All I got out of my 5 tickets was one diet Pepsi. My family resolved that if we’re ever going to a Rose Bowl again we are going to tailgate on our own out on the golf course. We saw lots of people doing that, and it looked like they were having a lot of fun.

7 Likes

I remember paying for the experience at the Fiesta bowl … where there were no Tostitos chips available…

Vowed to never pay for that again.

1 Like

My first Utes game was a blast. Are they all like that? Honestly, y’all gave Ohio everything they could handle. At the end of the day Whitt did more with his team than Day but a couple decisions let them back in. Congrats on being Conference champs and entertaining the hell out of me. I have opinions on the fan base but I will leave those for later. Some views from my seats at the parade and the game:

Utah Band and Cheerleaders heading down Colorado.

As you can tell, I like High up seats when I can.

7 Likes

If it is an option, dining in the golf course clubhouse doesn’t suck. That’s where I went to “tailgate” in 2006 with my son, my neighbor, and his son. We did the roadie to see Utah open the season that year. It didn’t hurt the cause that it was Labor Day Weekend and we were able to plan out a full mini vacation for the trip. Went to Magic Mountain and watched a Dodger game. It was an awesome trip. To get back to the earlier comment…

The Clubhouse was good and not too pricey. It definitely cut down on the amount of logistical planning for going to the game.

For next time.

1 Like

The U’s official party’s/tailgates have always sucked. They overcharge and under deliver 90% of the time.

Can you believe they wanted $95 for a 3 year old to attend this one?

3 Likes

Anyone else see Zack Galifinakis wandering around the golf course with a fake Baby Carlos attached to his chest taking pics with the fans? Amusing guy.

1 Like

We went to the official tailgate at Levi stadium in 2019. It wasn’t anywhere close to as expensive as this one but it was so overpriced and disappointing we vowed never again.

1 Like

The clubhouse was advertising a brunch for $50. A bargain compare to the tailgate, or the $19 hot dogs in the stadium.

1 Like

YouTube video of the Ohio State band halftime show, a tribute to Rush. Even if you aren’t a Rush fan, their formations are freaking amazing.

2 Likes

Here is a photo I captured at halftime:

2 Likes

I’ve been to Ute tailgates before for bowl and away games, but the last one was in Michigan in 2008. They used to be much better; this one set a new, dramatic low. It will be my last.

2 Likes

Colin Cowherd Bryson Barnes:

I can’t stand Cowherd. And he should give up.

5 Likes

I thought it was about a hundred times better than the Holiday Bowl tailgate. This one was insanely overpriced but… we ate and drank our fill, and loaded up on the free swag. Also the house band was decent.

1 Like

Yes they were. I focused quite a bit on what their drum major (is that the right term) was doing. The crazy stuff that guy was doing while wearing that bonkers hat was amazing. How can you back flip with that thing on your head.

1 Like

If y’all think the Buckeye band is great y’all need to get to an HBCU game. The Buckeye band is always Underwhelming to me.

You’re right. Forget about that lunch invitation. :wink: