The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

You never know what can be used to motivate players. Hell, a good coach can turn grocery store coupons into bulletin board material.

1 Like

USCā€™s current issues canā€™t remotely be solved, or even helped in the slightest, by ā€œbulletin boardā€ material.

I wish it was that easy.

FTFO!

Guess what. The Utes face a new coach on the road next year and was the best upgrade of a coach of any major P5. It wasnā€™t SC, either. That first game is going to be a TOUGH one. Billy Napier is a hell of a coach. Biggest steal, IMHO.

According to 247 he will probably have a more talented team (He needs to pick up some recruits and keep kids out of portal) than SC as well in the oppressive Florida heat: 2021 College Football Team Talent Composite

If you can win that first game it will set up for a playoff run nicely.

1 Like

My happy place after a disappointment.

2 Likes

This guy must be calling Delta Airlines during the New Year debacle.

(H/T to @NewbombTurk for this.)

2 Likes

Heā€™s one of my Top 5 college coaches right now. So underrated by the National media.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a quick video I threw together of Saturdayā€™s experience.

Utes in the Rose Bowl !!!

4 Likes

Youā€™ll have to be more specificā€¦ here you go:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s cool.

Can see all my family, but it was taken right when the lady in front of me stood up. :laughing:

1 Like

Rose Bowl Pic

Sec 16L, Row 54, Seat 2. Sadly, my lovely hard core Ute football fan wife is blocked by the person in the black sweatshirt walking up the stairs.

1 Like

Both my sons are clearly visible, but I am behind two people who are standing up. I know them both. They both stood up too much all game long!

Iā€™m in the mask. (turned telling my wife and daughter a fight may break out next to us between the Drunk Utes and the Drunk Buckeyes). Thankfully it cooled out.

1 Like

My son is clearly visible but I was bending down getting something from my bag I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m the grumpy looking old guy sitting between the guy in the yellow sweat shirt and the African American gentleman. Iā€™m grumpy because the guy sitting behind me was bugging the **** out of me!

FTFO!

4 Likes

First offā€¦ Why did your friend wear an LSU shirt? Hadnā€™t they lost enough in that stadium in 2021. I understand if I was bugging you. I wasnā€™t happy about the Kettle Corn and was pretty vocal.

1 Like

Ugh I feel like such a slouch with all you guys wearing masks. Myself, my wife and son all maskless. We all had them of course, but none wearing them in the photo. 6L, row 44, 18-20.

4 Likes

I HATE Ohio. But, LOVE CJ Stroud my fellow Rancho Cucamonga raised product.

2 Likes

My dad is a neutral party when it came to the Rose Bowl. He didnā€™t care who won and was razzing my 12-year-old son that he was going to cheer for THE Ohio St. But one thing he came away with was how impressed he was with Stroudā€™s accuracy. There were so many balls that were put on a dime - in stride for a receiver, throwing a receiver open, or on the fringe where the WR was the only one who could get it but still get a foot in bounds. That combo of accuracy + NFL receivers was deadly.

1 Like

Barring something like injury, I think weā€™ll be watching Stroud play and talking about him for the next 10 years.

1 Like