The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

Sorry! Hang in there, you’ll make it.

2 Likes

There is a shop with Utah and OSU Rose Bowl gear just outside the stadium. There is a yellow and white striped tent nearby where they will check your vaccination card/Clear app and give you a wristband to speed things up tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers SkinyUte! :pray:

1 Like

Was at the Rose Bowl today, scouting out our parking lot. A mess of Ute fans, a few Buckeyes. As @Guba mentioned, another benefit is that if you have the Clear App, there was a booth where you were checked in and received a wrist band. No need to wait on the Covid clearance.

Here are a few snaps at the Rose Bowl.

4 Likes

Utah Athletics put this out on Instagram:

2 Likes

Got to a car repair place 5 minutes before they closed. Said it was an issue with some belt or another. Couldn’t do anything to fix it until Monday. Called a dozen other places, same story (not surprising for 4:00 on New Years Eve.

Called some rental car places, no luck. Found a flight that left the Vegas airport an hour later. Rushed it to the airport (belt in the car squealing all the way), sprinted to the Southwest counter…only to find out the Kayak ticket Mrs SkinyUte bought on her phone on the way over didn’t go through. Crap. The wonderful ticket lady said she could get us into Burbank, so we booked that instead. My brother (who is already in Cali from Nashville) will pick us up at the airport at 9:00 tonight.

Spent far too many Delta points to get us back to Vegas on Sunday morning, and will still need to figure out what the hell to do about getting the car home. Guess we’ll deal with that later.

So we’re out another $600 for the flight, but - assuming no more issues - we’ll get there for the game. Fingers crossed.

This better be worth it…

23 Likes

I hope so too. I think it will be. It was quite a 24-hour ordeal for us to get here. You had it worse than we did. But you’re going to make it. Well done! Go Utes!

5 Likes

See I landed on Dec 17th. No travel issues. January 2nd is going to be Hell on Earth getting home.

The stress of it all…man, feel for you.

1 Like

Not gonna lie…I’m a f—king wreck right now.

5 Likes

They are honoring prepaid passes though, if you have already purchased you can park

3 Likes

I am in Parsons and taking the shuttle. I know SC said you would have to ride with Buckeye fans but judging by my eyes y’all are the majority. I’d park in Parsons and take the shuttle.

1 Like

Hang in there buddy. Glad you get to go and that you finally made it. Please cheer your heart out for me and enjoy the game. Post some pics later for us.

4 Likes

Kudos to you for your tenacity and drive. I would have probably given up after not finding a mechanic or rental car. I hope you and your families experience is awesome from this point of the trip on.

5 Likes

Thanks all. Just got to the Burbank Hampton Inn, ready for tomorrow.

GO UTES!!

9 Likes

Last night I strolled around downtown Los Angeles (staying in certain areas) with one of my sons. There were Utah fans everywhere, The New Year’s atmosphere was festive (I sure do love the weather here) and I saw several U. of Utah buses parked near a hotel (not the team hotel). It might’ve been the band, but I think they take up only one bus.

I have yet to see a single Ohio State fan.

Excitement is mounting.

6 Likes

The band and spirit team bussed down on red U of U busses.

The spirit team and color guard alone are over 50 people.

The band probably 100 or so, so probably 3-5 busses worth.

We saw at least 3. Cool to see so much red all over downtown. After working there for several decades, I had never seen anything like it.

At dinner last night in a large restaurant (Drago’s) we saw several tables full of people in Ute gear. They stood out, to say the least. (Most people there wore nice casual clothing, not sports fan gear.). I flashed the U to all of them, with cheerful and enthusiastic responses. After we stepped out the door at the end of our meal, one of my sons pointed out that Ruth Watkins was sitting at a table near the door. I went back and flashed the U to her and her table also. She was delighted.

Man, this fun!

10 Likes

I envy all of you who made it. But I’m also damn happy for you all. This is our chance to start 2022 off right! Represent and Go Utes!

9 Likes