The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

Zoobs like dingle nuts are supremely butthurt that they had to play a ■■■■ bowl while big brother goes to the Rose Bowl especially in a year when they finally beat Utah. They are desperate for attention and relevance.

12 Likes

Just strolling up and down the concourse, I see every flight is delayed. Airport’s packed.

My flight back to SLC from Reno was delayed because it was delayed out of SLC. Delta is definitely experiencing crew availability issues.

Enjoy the Rose Bowl my friend :joy:

1 Like

Well, like it or not, they are – at least claim to be – Utes fans. My point is, people are people, be they zoobs or Utes extremists.

You’re not on Delta flight 696 by any chance? That’s the SLC-LAX flight that my wife’s missing bag is supposed to be on…

That’s unfortunate; I sincerely hope for your sake, they find flight attendants quickly. It’s one thing to have a flight delay postpone a business meeting or convert it to a conference call, but when you have personal travel with reservations and tickets that cannot be postponed in jeopardy, travel quickly becomes frustrating.

Good Luck.

2 Likes

Yep. They found the flight attendant they needed. Joy spread throughout the crowd. People applauded. Then the pilots refused to fly the plane (we are told). Now Delta is hunting for willing pilots.

It could be worse. A Delta flight to Miami leaving from a gate down the hall just took off, 5 hours late.

1 Like

Likely isn’t refused, they’re likely out of hours.

Delays compound due to laws regarding how many hours a flight crew can be ‘on duty”

3 Likes

In my previous post, I almost said, “I sincerely hope for your sake, they find flight attendants quickly before the pilots time out”, but I didn’t want to jinx you. My guess is that it was NOT the pilots refusing to fly, but that the delay in finding flight attendants caused them to be beyond their time limit to keep flying during their current shift. Hang in there, we’ll keep thinking good thoughts for continuation of your journey.

The good news is you’re in Delta Hub with a large number of crew members within a short driving distance. Hopefully there are some pilots nearby looking for a little extra income before the end of the year.

You’re right. The gate agent said the plots are “unable to fly.” He said that quickly and slurred his words but that’s what he said. It would have gone over better, IMO, if he had said the safety rules prevented the pilots from flying.

1 Like

This is very important and most likely the situation. Looks like LAute beat me to the punch. This kind of travel really sucks and I feel bad for you. I hope you guys get to your destination.

We all get delayed. Because our 6:00am flight from Central Oregon to SFO to Burbank was canceled twice due to “a staffing disruption“ and delayed twice this week, we made an prescient executive decision Wednesday AM to drive. Yesterday lots of vehicles all over the road, snowing where we live, but we made it to Redding, CA in great shape.

This morning we set out at 9:00am, rested and happy. Two hours later down the road the Best Western in Redding called. We left a folder with our trip paperwork and tickets in it in the room. We drove back to Redding, 2-1/2 hours, picked up our kit, 2-1/2 hours back to where we turned around.

We just pulled into our BW in Glendale. No worries. Adventure.

Gonna be fun, right?

3 Likes

Our flight was finally postponed. Not cancelled. Until 11:30 this morning (Saturday). All passengers went home. No help with hotels for those who need it. All luggage checked, and we were told not to even try to get it back last night. So everyone is stuck, with our luggage held hostage. Latest word is the flight now leaves at 1:30 p.m. today. Just to make everything more interesting, SLC is covered with snow. We’ll see how this goes. We’ll get there somehow. Worst case, we’ll drive. In that case we’d at least be able to see the game.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. At least you didn’t have to sleep at the airport.

1 Like

Heading into airport hell this afternoon😕. Crossing fingers for all souls trying to travel today.

3 Likes

True. On the way home from the airport the 5 of us consoled ourselves with the reality that this could be much worse.

Besides, our dogs were happy to see us.

2 Likes

What is happening at the airport is one of the primary reasons I decided I would stay home and watch the game on TV.

I knew flying during the holidays was a mess on a good year. This year it had the potential to be a personal disaster by getting stranded for days on the way home or simply not getting out of SLC due to a lack of operational flights.

I knew the only way I was going to make it to the game was to drive from SLC to LA. The itinerary would have been drive down today, spend the night at the hotel, go to the game tomorrow, then drive home on Sunday. At almost 60 years old, it would’ve taken me several days to recover from the trip…not worth it. Given I woke up to snow, and bad weather is expected most of the way on the drive, I’m really glad I decided to stay home,

For those who finally get there, enjoy your time at the game. Safe travels.

I will be hosting Nanook and smoking my batteries for the snowblower moving snow.

4 Likes

This is true both as intended and as written

4 Likes

Damned autocorrect.:joy::joy::joy::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Should’ve said flying.