The 2022 Rose Bowl (!) Thread

BYU fans haven’t prayed this hard for something to happen in California since Prop 8 was up for a vote.

14 Likes

Anybody heard definitively if there is a pep rally at the Marriott tomorrow? Time? Tia

LOL, that was funny. Hope that there is NO Rose Bowl cancellation, but your link made me laugh.

1 Like
1 Like

my FIL was a USC fan (always wore a USC golf hat). He’s attended a couple of the Rose Bowls that USC played in. He also loved Utah athletics. His love of Utah sports stemmed from his desire to support a son and two daughters and their spouses who graduated from the U. He attended Utah’s Fiesta, Sugar Bowl and Final Four in San Antonio. No doubt he would have been in Pasadena on Saturday if he could have.

He passed away from cancer last week :sleepy:

He was an amazing man. He always had a dream to build his own golf course and accomplished that a couple of years ago. https://copperrock.com/

12 Likes

It has been cancelled.

That’s right. And from any sports fan’s perspective your response was damning.

1 Like

And by the way, that was trolling, and you know darn well that it was,

3 Likes

Whatever. I thought it was just a good way to Segway back into the topic and away from what you guys were talking about. I’ve been a pretty good guest on this board, you’re just getting butt hurt over nothing. Good luck to Utah in the Rose Bowl.

4 Likes

Way Is BYU even a topic in this thread?

Did I miss something, did tOSU drop out and get NCAA permission for that other program to play a do over in their stead?

6 Likes

Pointing out that people are wrongfully talking about byu is still talking about byu, you Sir, are guilty as us all.

2 Likes

Thanks

Hope the kids are having fun, as tomorrow and Saturday will be business. Winning the Rose Bowl would go a long way with recruiting. I am glad our players decided to play for the hardware.

GO UTES!!!
ROAST THE BUCKEYES!!!

4 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t exactly point to Utehub as a good example of Ute fandom >.>. THere are a just a few… extremists, shall we say?

3 Likes

Hope we play. Otherwise the drive sucked for no reason. :rage:

1 Like

I’m prepared to go full #%^* Clark Griswold in the Wally World parking lot if it’s canceled. I’m busting in and lobbing 60 yard bombs to my son at mid field.

5 Likes

Yeah. That would suck. There are a few decent Utah fans that I’d feel bad for.

Looks like the team was able to practice at SoFi stadium today to escape the rain. Pretty cool.

1 Like

Sitting at SLC. Our 9:25 p.m. flight was delayed until 10:15. Now it’s taking off at 12:30 a.m. at the earliest. The problem is that our flight is short 2 flight attendants. There is one flight attendant here at our gate who’s willing to fly, so we just need one more. 2 are coming in from LA at midnight. If one of them is willing to jump on our flight right back to LA, we’ll be able to leave shortly after that. Meanwhile Delta is frantically calling all over the Salt Lake area for off-duty flight attendants who are willing to help. The gate agents are saying that we should be taking off no later than 1:00 a.m.

They’d better not cancel that football game!

:flushed::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sleeping:

We’re all hoping for better times.
Go UTES!!!

1 Like