Super Bowl Sunday

4 games before playoff

1. 988 yards Passing
  2. 8 tds
  3. 8 ints

A definite inconsistent liability even when he has the top WRs in the game on his team.

So his last 8 games 17 TDs and 11 INTs. Again, not a top QB in the league and he is most definitely not a HOFer. He owes Kupp and OBJ so much this season. I get it, he won the Super Bowl. People are going to cling to that as an argument to end all arguments. He is for my money maybe a top 10 QB in the NFL. The front office probably gave up too much for a maybe top 10 QB.

You’re right. The Rams should shed him quickly or they’ll never win another Super Bowl. :roll_eyes:

Probably won’t if we don’t re-sign our all world Defense and keep our WRs. Goff got us to the Super Bowl. Let’s not act like Stafford was the missing factor. We’ve had two mid level QBs go to the Super Bowl.

Well, the Rams, whichever iteration have more SB wins than my Cowboys in the last 26 years, and even more appearances. So, while the Rams may have given up too much for Stafford, I’ll take their results any give season.

True. I’m just panicking we’ll do what we did with Goff and extend him prematurely

Is Kurt Warner the other mid level qb you’re referring to?

1 Like

Jared Goff

It’s notable that Stafford basically did the same thing as his childhood friend, Clayton Kershaw - got the damn monkey off his back.

2 Likes

I guess that is fair except Kershaw has won three Cy Youngs and an MVP and has been named to eight All-Star teams. Matthew has been a Pro Bowler one time with zero MVPs.

Stafford has one more Super Bowl ring than Fran Tarkenton and Dan Marino.

2 Likes

Is this a Hatfield vs. McCoy type thing since Stafford is from Georgia……?

It could weigh like 5% into it. I just don’t think the credit he’s getting and HOF talk makes sense. I think people are overrating him and I am afraid the front office will overpay him. We already screwed up some future draft picks and the future of the team I just don’t want to kill Cap Space on a mid level QB.

Got it. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are now better than Dan Marino and Fran Tarkenton, lol.

If you say so. You clearly know more about football than any of us.

You’re the one bringing up legit HOFers in an argument for a guy who isn’t even top 5 in the league currently. It’s ok if my opinion hurts your feelings. It’s just my opinion though. You don’t have to agree with it. I just don’t see a guy winning a title on a super team being so great when he’s inconsistent at best.

LOL. Yeah. My feelings are devastated.

You are trashing a guy who just won a Super Bowl. That’s a good thing, winning a Super Bowl. There have been plenty of good QB’s who haven’t. Just pointing that out. But you took it personal and it apparently hurt your feelings.

Yes, I am trashing the QB of my team who just won a Super Bowl. That should tell you I am not letting what should be a bias get in the way of an honest assessment. He’s overrated. He’s not a HOFer QB at this moment and the Rams shouldn’t overpay. But, a guy with a Beatles Avi will always get hyped over overrated things.

LOL.

You’re right.

1 Like

I had to do it. Now underrated is Ringo’s drumming.

You’re right.

I love how people hate on the Beatles. Band writes 100 songs in the top 100 and they’re “over-rated.” But the Velvet Underground!

3 Likes