Super Bowl Sunday

All the clips I’ve seen of Weddle interacting with other players & coaches is that it sure seems like everyone likes and respects him. After the Rams beat the Bucs, his interaction with Tom Brady made it seem like Brady sure likes the guy and I don’t thing Brady liked very many players.

Not true from what I know from guys who played with and against him. I think he really is well liked. Mainly fans hated him for winning in New England. The players I know said he’s always fun to talk to and loved talking ball and how to get better.

I don’t doubt that. I’m just going from what I read a few years ago about a few young players on the Patriots being chewed out by Brady for a number of reasons. Maybe I shouldn’t have used Brady as an example.

I could see that. Both things can be true. I’m sure their young guys are why he was ready to get out of New England. The talk of him going to San Francisco is very interesting.

The best players are demanding as hell, and whether it be in games or practice they expect a ton.

See Michael Jordan. He rode guys hard, but most of those guys speak very highly of him. The recent flap with Scottie Pippen has been interesting in that some of the role players from the Bulls teams have talked about how Jordan would come hang out with them on the plane, when he could have just stayed in the back.

Weddell needs a SOA reboot just because of the beard. :wink:

same with Rocker Ute. Sometimes you’ll see him wander over to the North End Zone folk and circulate with the commoners. Typically its in the line to get Dippin Dots, but he still mingles. :wink:

5 Likes

Matt Gay is having fun:

1 Like

My hood! I threw-up multiple occasions on that route walking from the E-Coli back to the Row.

FTFO Rams!

1 Like

Notice now Stafford uses his peripheral vision to throw the pass to Kupp, not only looking away from Kupp but also turning his body the same direction, requiring him to throw cross-body. Totally faked out the Bengals secondary. Impressive.

1 Like

I understand why QB"s do this, but it seems risky, why not just use a facemask visor or sunglasses instead. Shading where my eyes are focused has worked for me at the pool or beach for years

5 Likes

17 INTS this season. Things like this are why. Stafford is a liability more than a benefit IMHO.

Matthew Stafford is a “liability”?

I’ll take 17 INTs (& 41 T.D.s) during the season and a Super Bowl win every year - thank you very much.

FTFO!

4 Likes

LOL

3 Likes

You would take a basic 2 TD for 1 INT ratio. Cool. Also, don’t act like Stafford won the Super Bowl. His defense bailed him out.

The over ranking of Matthew Stafford is amazing to watch. I’m a Rams fan and think he’s not much of an upgrade from what they had. You never know which guy is going to show up. Hopefully, the Rams can keep their aging defense and Top WRs or it’s going to be a long next 5 years with him on the roster. We gave up the youth of the team for that guy. I could also be reacting to the massive amount of people calling him a HOfer for this season.

Winning a Super Bowl on a 4th quarter drive for the ages notwithstanding, Matthew Stafford has more career touchdowns than Warren Moon, John Elway, Joe Montana, and Johnny Unitas.

But you call him a “liability”.

No one anywhere would agree with your assessment.

FTFO!

1 Like

Yep. Not a well thought out take. And it’s not as if he was able to lean on the run game to keep the defense honest.

1 Like

He had Calvin Johnson in Detroit and a once in a generation team in LA. Putting him in the same breath as John Elway, Joe Montana and Johnny U is sacrilegious. These were guys from a generation that wasn’t as pass heavy but showed how great they were when they were given a chance to pass. Stafford is not a top 5 QB in the NFL right now and people with recency bias want to put him in the HOF.

Winning a Super Bowl makes people forget just how bad he was late in the season:

1 Like

Staffords stats for the playoffs

1. 1200 yds passing
  2. 9 tds
  3. 3 int
    Hardly a liability!!!
3 Likes

Interceptions can be seen a couple ways. We are used to elite qbs being very efficient and accurate with very few int’s. But there are only a few like that. Some qbs are careless. But others have a few more ints than desired because they take more risks and gunsling it a little more. It’d be good to see a breakdown of how long a pass the int was (if it’s a 30/40 yard throw, it’s almost like a punt if turned over) or location on the field (if on their side, likely giving up points but being aggressive to try to get them without giving the other team a short field). And them there are the interfeptions due to their receivers tipping the ball, etc. (which sometimes is still the qbs fault because of an under throw or behind them).

In other words, only a few elite qbs will have 40 TDs and 5 INTs. Even 10. A 2 to 1 TD/INT is pretty good in the pass heavy offenses these days.