Sick of the cold spring weather

It’s 88 degrees this afternoon in St. George.

I hate you.

2 Likes

Had dinner on the patio at the Pasta Factory. The evening stroll was warm and pleasant too @LAUte :grin:

I’ll be in LA next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Staying in a nice hotel. So there.

1 Like

That’s unbearably hot. There’s a reason room temperature is generally 68-70 degrees.

1 Like

I missed my annual Holiday trip to the Motherland in 2020. I am already scheduling three weeks in LA for December. Can’t wait to be back in my small rental house overlooking Mulholland drive. Hopefully, Lakers tickets won’t be a bazillion dollars this December.

Just pulled up this thread and it speaks to me.

I got a Facebook memory photo of me sitting on my backyard deck at night. I certainly haven’t been able to do that this year. It’s the steady canyon winds that gets to my bones, hopefully that’s done.

I own several gajillion Tommy Bahama shirts, so I’m pretty intrigued. I’ve been going after them for years for selling their shirts for most of the PAC-12 but not Utah https://www.tommybahama.com/en/Collegiate-Piña-Plazzo-Silk-Camp-Shirt/p/ST323064UN-15420 . It may be a UA licensing thing. Looking at the RedZone link, it seems they possibly just contracted for a small batch and maybe even sewed on the badge themselves. I’ll think about it, it’s not their best pattern.

The price tag for TB has been creeping up about 20 bucks in the past decade, and priced me out of the market. I will say two things: a) usually you can get their older products for about half off in their outlet stores (sadly the Park City one closed) or online, and b) for Chinese-made products they are VERY good quality. Comfortable silk, nice coconut buttons, matched front and pocket patterns…

Very annoyed about the Proud Boys thing but this summer I’m determined to take my cultural appropriation back! They don’t usually wear nice silk shirts under their tactical gear though.

I don’t know if I can “pull off” the Hawaiian shirt look now that I’ve lost weight again. Can’t do the fat man thing. But I have a closet full of them and they weren’t cheap so I’m gonna wear them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a closet full of TB, that after my COVID-19 era weight loss are too large, but I’m not giving them up, and certainly not because of Proud Boys - as I won’t have an assault rifle hanging from my shoulder, no one will mistake me for member of that bunch.

3 Likes

Outdoor dining is the bomb!

I’m going to miss St. George when I head back to Magna tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be in the 70’s tomorrow so you can have at least 1 more pleasant day.

1 Like

It’s in the 60s but kind of perfect for walking on the beach in Corolla, NC:

Also spent some moments at the site of the “Lost Colony” beach area as well. I hadn’t been to the Outer Banks since the 1990s. It’s nicer than I remembered:

2 Likes

I spent my summers there as a kid. I absolutely love the OBX. Its been years since I have been there. I should try to get back soon.

1 Like

OBX is nice. We tend to head further south, so that we can take the dogs onto the beach too. We get to Atlantic Beach and Pine Knoll Shores. Dogs don’t seem to give a rip about where we are, but the beaches are nice – for beaches.

1 Like

I’ve seen so many good boys on the beach around here in Corolla. We got down to the Hatteras part too late to take the ferry over to Ocracoke Island.

Yeah, it’s really nice right now. We’re a week before season starts and it’s empty.

1 Like

Did anyone see the guys water skiing in the cold rain today?

Neither did I.

2 Likes

1 Like

Alexa says 74 today … Here in the suburb of raleigh it’ll be 82 today so it might be coming your way.

1 Like

You won’t miss it so much when that area runs out of water. :slight_smile:

Is it really that much colder than usual? I have only been here since 2006 so I am not sure. Seems about the same as any other year. Certainly nicer than Spring has been in Alberta. :slight_smile:

Major difference this morning. It’s 70 right now and the breeze is not going as strong as yesterday. Going to head north in a 4x4 to find these horses folks always talk about.