Sick of the cold spring weather

Assuming low Utah humidity: 50s, 60s 70s, 40s, 80s, 90s, 30s, 20s, 100s, 10s, below zero, 110+ in that order. Order gets sketchy at the end.

1 Like

Good for you. I get it. When I lived full-time in Southern California I always teased my Utah friends about the weather.

Sorry, it’s supposed to rain Saturday, and be in the mid-60s. I’d suggest another weekend. Wish I could change it to raining tomorrow and/or Friday, but not in my wheelhouse.

What part of NC? I’m east of Raleigh on the I-95 corridor. It has been nice this Spring, I’m not looking forward to summer. Even though we’ve been here 9 years or so, summers still kill me. I no longer sweat immediately upon walking outside, but I don’t do well with the combo here.

I’m in Apex (the peak of good living) which is a suburb to the south of Raleigh.

I’m guessing you are in Rocky mount? Zebulon?

I’m good. I’m here for 10 days.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I’ve had two FB memories pop up in the last two weeks showing several inches of snow on my deck from 10 and 2 years ago.

Normal weather for SLC in April

1 Like

I don’t mind the one-day spring snowstorms. But the early mornings this month have almost always been in the 30s, which is lower than your chart shows.

Anyway, it’s not a big deal. My dogs love the cold weather–only their wimpy, thin-blooded, Southern California-spoiled owner cares.

Well the RedZone marketing dept sure knew what they were doing, I see they launched their Utes Tommy Bahama line and related marketing blitz today.

It’s all about your state of mind, right? Maybe one of these will help :wink:

https://www.uredzone.com/Utah-Utes/Promotions/Tommy-Bahama/Utah-Utes-Tommy-Bahama-Hibiscus-Print-Camp-Shirt#.YIBSguhKg2x

And, as the link shows, we average 16 days in April where the low is below 40F.

$145?!? No thanks. My favorite gaudy Hawaiian print shirt came from Albertson’s and cost something like $15. My daughter was with me the day I bought it. She was maybe 12 and appalled. It’s a great shirt. Ok, it isn’t silk, but I can dribble BBQ sauce in it without bursting into tears.

1 Like

I don’t care! I still don’t like it! :wink:

Here’s a reason you should: It’s keeping a lot of people from watering their lawns yet. (Not enough, but …) In a couple of months that’s going to be a big deal when you only have 75% normal snowpack and reservoirs half full.

1 Like

I saw those at the book store on campus a couple of weeks ago when I was last there. They are really nice and great quality but I don’t think I want to spend $145 on a shirt! There is another Hawaiian looking shirt for $60 that I could probably go for. But even that is a stretch. It is not that I can’t afford it, I just don’t want to pay that much for a shirt!

Well, I am just whining among friends. I grew up here and understand the cold. Be patient with me! I agree that whatever happens to save the snowpack is a good thing. We have property in Central Utah and the snow drought has affected that area significantly. In recent years some towns have been forced to turn off non-culinary water in August.

I’m also completely wrong, it appears:

April is in the spring in Salt Lake City and is typically the 6th coldest month of the year. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a cool 16°C (61°F), whilst at night 2°C (36°F) is normal.

Some people can pull off Hawaiian shirts, I don’t feel like I’m one of them. To spend $145 it’d just be adding insult to injury for me.

Besides, I’d feel horrible the first time I spilled taco sauce on a $145 shirt.

1 Like

Just south of Rocky Mount, in Sharpsburg. Small town, 1 stop light, 2000 people. Noisiest thing we have is the train.

Real aficionados of Hawaiian shirts but theirs at yard sales.

Have to be careful about wearing them now. You might be mistaken for a Proud Boy. Next thing you know they’ll be putting braid on the bottom of their Levis and wearing Penny’s blue work shirts.

2 Likes

THIS IS AWESOME! During the decade I spent traveling to Miami for business, I got hooked on Tommy Bahama stuff. This will be a nice addition to my wardrobe, and just in time :wink:

1 Like