Running for the Roses…through the Rose Bowl. The Utah vs UCLA Game Thread

We’re pretty lucky it’s 14-10.

3 Likes

Ball’s in Morgan’s court. Hope DTR used all his juice in 1H. His body language sagged a bit later.

These announcers are really bad.

2 Likes

Well, let’s see how far we can go with that line of thinking. (I agree with you, by the way.)

Since we ran twice as many offensive plays as UCLA did, maybe their defense is getting tired. I’m half serious. That has worked for us in past games.

2 Likes

Maybe I hearken too much to the olden days of the PAC-12 when we were outclassed, but is there a reason you think we wouldn’t get gassed ourselves with the higher possession time?

Why TF are kickoffs only going to the 10??

1 Like

Yes, I’m trying to be positive. :grin:

1 Like

Not just DTR. Their whole team seemed pretty hyped in the first quarter and were playing pretty flawless. We needed to take the wind out of their sails a bit, and I think we kind of did at the end of the half.

Now it will be which team can sustain the energy in the 2nd half.

It’s amazing to see all the wide-open UCLA receivers.

Bu the way, do we not have a kicker who can put the kickoff out of the end zone?

It looks like whatever Scalley told the defense at halftime hasn’t quite taken hold yet.

Looks like DTR went to the Tyler Huntley school of sliding.

They are working the hell out of the right side…Fillinger seems to get sucked in all the time not holding the edge.

3 Likes

I wish we could get our receivers wide open in the end zone like that.

2 Likes

That was way too easy.

3 Likes

Someone please tell Brando how to pronounce “Enis”

Was that a designed quarterback run?

1 Like

It’s not Anise?! A niece?

Don’t like chasing points here at all

Edit: don’t like it, but I’ll take it.

1 Like

Doesn’t do us much good to be down by four points.

Story time. In the 90s I partook of a chat board, old-school modem style. We had a user named enis. He chose this because you would send private messages using the syntax “/p-username-”.

I cannot get my mind to think any other way.

They kick a FG, then a TD would tie it.