Oregon 2022

Rose Bowl. Florida. Oregon. Time to put away the all white unis forever.

3 Likes

Agreed I am not a fan of the all white. And as a general life rule I am not a fan of white pants on men ever.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Sugar Bowl. And the Fiesta Bowl? We were wearing red helmets.

1 Like

I was at that game in the Hunty. It was Dominic Young who hit that shot. It was a killer. I was a teenager at the time, and I was devastated. This was at a time when Utah basketball hardly ever lost at home. I think Utah had a 40-some-odd-game home streak at the time. They would lose a year later at home to Tim Duncan and Wake Forest. Then the Utes won 54 in a row at home. Great times for Ute basketball. Sigh.

2 Likes

I think it gives him something to think about. On one hand, we’ve all heard the saying, no one is as bad as his worst game or as good as his best game. I’m no expert on the NFL draft but Cam has to be thinking: (1) has his on-and-off season cost him money.and (2) will another season that’s more successful help him? Bonus question: Will the talent coming back to Utah next year help him to do that?

Apart from all that, my answer to some people on Facebook who were slagging Cam was this:

He didn’t get a dumb holding penalty on a critical pass play in the red zone. He didn’t miss the field goal attempt. He didn’t leave Oregon receivers open for the entire first half. He didn’t drop passes that hit him in his hands. It was a team loss.

4 Likes

Yep.

4 Likes

I accept the blame. I got carried away with the ups and downs of that game, and Rod sent me over the edge. I mean, how does Rod know that Bo Nix is brave, clean and reverent? Anyway, never again.

3 Likes

I’m glad someone brought that up. It’s at least 50% of the reason for the loss.

1 Like

Others would disagree

2 Likes

Lol

Stewart Mandel’s take in The Athletic (paywalled):

10. No. 12 Oregon’s 20-17 late-night win over No. 10 Utah wasn’t as aesthetically pleasing as the USC-UCLA shootout before it, but it made for quite the high-stakes Pac-12 doubleheader. The Ducks (9-2, 7-1) survived despite QB Bo Nix playing hobbled and largely unable to run like usual. (Though he did seal the game on his one and only keeper.) Utah (8-3, 6-2) failed to fulfill its lofty preseason expectations in part because QB Cam Rising doesn’t seem the same with such limited receiver options. He threw three picks and suffered from several key drops.

That Mandel would conclude that the problem was “limited receiver options” surprises me.

1 Like

I agree with this and was thinking this exact thing this morning with my Sunday Brunch with the Utes. He was tentative in running and not as nimble on those as he was previously.

I agree but still wonder why teams don’t switch out QB’s more often. Is it that upsetting to the overall flow of the game? Seems like QBs have to play super poorly to be removed - but there’s talent on the bench as well.
Get the pig farmer in for a series or use Jackson and Johnson for a trick play.
Going for it on 4th and ten smacked of hubris to me.
Love the team though. Hope they arrive in Boulder fired up to close out the season in style.

2 Likes

At one time any loss would leave me in a bad mood and with a sour taste in my mouth the following day and sometimes the day after the following day. It is certainly disappointing to lose a game you have several opportunities to win.
I’ve removed myself from most social media platforms where a loss brings out the worst in fans.

5 Likes

If by social media you mean Facebook, I too have left it behind for the most part. It brought the worst out in me. I’m a happier person not being on it.

As for the game, I’m enough of a fan that a loss bothers me for a day. After that my mood improves considerably, especially when I think that there kids out there playing for our entertainment. When I do announcements for races that I officiate I remind the older riders that they’re not racing for a living, that they’re doing this for fun. Don’t take it too seriously is the message, sometimes I have to remind myself of that with football.

Those kids are playing for our entertainment, and their educations. Very few of them are going pro, let alone pro for very long if they go pro.

2 Likes

Oregon’s first possession after halftime should answer your question.

2 Likes

This does othing for you ?

2 Likes

Nothing

1 Like

It disturbs me that you would ask…

1 Like

Is it a receiver problem or a Cam seems to only look for tight ends with an 80’s number on their uniform problem ??

Do we need to bring Guy Holliday back ??