Oregon 2022

Figure we only have two big targets out there running routes - Vele and Kincaid. Yasmin is another big guy, but doesn’t have great hands. The other receivers are smaller and fast, but not quick. Money has been working on his quicks, but isn’t there yet. Enis has been hurt, but he has always had problems getting open even when fully healthy. Losing Covey to graduation and Kuithe to injury hurt us a lot. It’s hard to replace talent like that - it isn’t very plug-and-play.

It’s a college football thing. I’ll take a 8-3 (hopefully soon to be 9-3) record and a bowl game over a 1-11 record or a 5-7 record and cleaning toilet bowls. It’s been a pretty good year, but not a CFP a breaking the barrier year that we all wanted. Maybe next year.

What concerns me it what happens next year. When you figure the two likely teams for the CCG were new coaches who “bought and brought” their teams to their new digs, what happens next season when a lot of threat talent bolts for the NFL or other parts unknown? Are they simply going to be able to wash-rinse-and repeat? Does bASUra enter the picture doing the same thing next season?

This whole thing is a hard read.

3 Likes

One point on the receivers - Kincaid & Vele had a lot of targets, ie, were adjusted to the conditions. They’re both great receivers, but kind of hard to point the finger at Parks and Enis for dropping late passes when they hadn’t had receptions earlier. (NFL receivers deserve the rap in the same situation, certainly.)

At the same time, Cam wasn’t on his A Game, so maybe distributing the ball more widely just wasn’t feasible Saturday night.

3 Likes

No one feels worse than the team. I’m sure the guys getting verbally beat up by fat old fans really helps.

7 Likes

The sad fact is, the DNA of the Utah and BYU fanbases isn’t that different. It’s like the genetic difference between humans and chimpanzees. And the Zoobs are, of course, the chimpanzees in this analogy.

4 Likes

Yup, idiocy does not discriminate. And, largely, behaviors are cultural.

1 Like

How dare you impugn Chimpanzees that way! Chimpanzees have more dignity.

6 Likes

Yeah, sorry im a bit disturbed at times😁

2 Likes

I would like to apologize to the chimpanzee community. In no way were my comments meant to construe anything negative or disparaging to chimpanzeedome. I will endeavor in the future to learn more about chimpanzees, and will raise my awareness about their culture.

3 Likes

I think cam has trouble with his reads and going through his progressions. He locks in on his receivers. Before kuithe went down cam locked in on him all the time. At the Florida game, I wondered if he was ever going to throw to anybody else.

1 Like

How about these folks?

4 Likes

No. I’m sorry but any other color is better. Men’s pants should not be white.

1 Like

Ever tried to keep white suit pants clean?

The ones those Marines are wearing are even harder.

2 Likes

I’d take white pants over many of the pastel golf pants, not to mention plaid pants.

2 Likes

Takes a special kind of bravery to wear plaid pants

Herb Tarlek wore them with panache.

3 Likes

One part of my family’s ancestry still wears plaid skirts and tube socks, not to mention having a mysterious affinity for a hideous musical instrument (that was purportedly a joke from the Irish they never picked up on.)

“But that’s historical and cultural”.

BS. They got their arses kicked by the ancestors of ABBA. Nuff said.

1 Like

One the best characters in 70’s/80’s sitcom history

2 Likes

My grandfather emigrated from Scotland in 1915, and my mother continually browbeat me to play that same instrument until my younger brother gave in and took it up. Ever since, we’ve had to listen to him play it at virtually every family get together. I propose there be a law written that they are only allowed in parades and at graveside services.

1 Like

Agree. Its like listening to Gilbert Gotfried recite the phone book, intriguing for 2 minutes, then you’re ready for self immolation

3 Likes

We had a dozen bagpipers in our wedding procession leading us out of the church piping “Scotland the Brave”. It was awesome, uplifting and beautiful.

4 Likes