NFL update

Zach Moss traded from Buffalo to Indianapolis today.

1 Like

Really would like to see Covey do well. Sighā€¦

ā€œBritain Covey: F
The Britain Covey experiment needs to end. Maybe he was such a dominant kick returner in college because he was several years older than most of his opponents. The 25.5-year-old has failed to look dynamic at all in the return game. His speed is a nonfactor, he canā€™t make anyone miss and canā€™t break a tackle to save his life. The special teams at large has been a problem, but it is clear Covey is not a net positive returner in the NFL.ā€

Just remember Philly players donā€™t live in Philly. Most live in Delaware or Jersey and commute. :wink:

They boo Santa for Hellā€™s sake.

#CityofBrotherlyHate

2 Likes

After a loss to the Commanders, and the baseball outcome, Philly fans are ready to leave Michelin marks on the torsos of their own mothers.

1 Like

Whatā€™s with all the fuss about artificial turf lately? I donā€™t remember hearing a peep about this in the last decade or so. Now players and coaches are begging for grass fields all of a sudden.

This bunch of Mammy Pambies donā€™t know what a ā– ā– ā– ā–  surface to play on is.

The Rice Stadium Rugā€¦the Astrodome Rugā€¦the grass in the Mausoleumā€¦

Hell, Rice University was so cheap they laid astroturf on concrete with no padding at all between the rug and the floor!

This list could go on forever, especially when you are old.

Do they really want fields as bad as the Chicago Bears all over?

Lol this sounds like a troll or somebody with a serious axe to grindā€¦ and he cites no actual data to support his assessment. Covey is averaging about 21 and 7 K/P return yards respectively. Not All-Pro level, but those are certainly not ā€œFā€ grade numbers by any measure.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll admit, I prefer watching football on a grass surface. I donā€™t know exactly why that is but something about it seems better to me.

Utah played at Rice once during the short-lived 16team WAC era. A rather bad day, both for the result of the game and for injuries.

That game at Rice was possibly the worst of Macā€™s career at Utah. Utah lost 51-10. Who loses 51-10 to Rice?

1 Like

Because Ray Nitschke wouldnā€™t have mud splattered all over his jersey and face if he played on artificial turf (he may have even kept all his teeth.)

2 Likes

ā€¦ deleted

I loved Coach Mac but he had some real head-scratching losses where it seemed like nobody on the team or the coaches even looked at film of the opponent.

2 Likes

probably old news by now but ā€¦

1 Like

As he has been inactive on the field, not surprising.

5 Likes

ā€œThere are some basic fundamental things have gotten really out of whack for himā€¦ā€

Ouch

3 Likes

Maybe he told the Jets he canā€™t make it on Sunday because he has to talk in church.

1 Like

Maybe he had a date with someoneā€™s motherā€¦

8 Likes

Pretty harsh:

1 Like