NFL update

There’s a whittingham on the KC staff I think.

Alex Whittingham has a great gig working under Andy Reid. Andy Reid is first class, incredible man. I hope he can win two Super Bowls in a row.

Eh, I dunno about that.

1 Like

He’s definitely not been impressive in these playoffs. The Saints gave the game away, and Brady threw 3 picks yesterday. He’s 1-2 years away from what Manning was when Manning won it all with the Broncos. The Bucs defense is carrying them.

But still, he’s going to the superbowl with the Bucs! That’s undeniably impressive.

My brother just showed me these odds:

1 Like

Marcus Williams given the franchise tag by New Orleans. What does that mean?

It appears Julio Jones is a Titan now according to reports.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1401571983708495874?s=21

Bravo, Twitter! Knuckleheads.

So the Patriots receiver pushed off on that key play. Blatant.

I can’t believe Tom Brady. When Manning, Brees, Favre, etc got into their 40s, their throws were noticeably weak. Brady is still out there zinging it. He’s just really impressive.

:grimacing:

Say goodbye to freedom.

It will take some beyond Johnny Cockroach level lawyering to avoid some serious prison time for this case.

1 Like

Matt Gay having a nice year so far. He’s only missed one FG this season. 27-28 FG.

1 Like

He drilled that 55-yarder like it was a XP. I did not realize this, but the announcers said he is statistically the most accurate kicker in the league.

5 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen CNS talk about it but of course, he uses this to be a teaching lesson:

As a backup? I assume his QBR rating in the bottom 1/3 was of starters. If so, definitely. If among all qb’s, probably not, given the six years off.

Winning trumps everything in the NFL. If teams felt that Kaepernick could help them win as a QB, then he would have been on a roster…regardless of all the noise surrounding him.

The fact he’s not answers your question, I think.

2 Likes

He was already a backup by the end of his stint in the league. Not sure why people still think of him in context of a starter…that had already played itself out.

But he was absolutely one of the better backups. There is no legitimate reason for him to have been out of the NFL altogether these last few years.

Kaep was a one hit wonder QB, that when defensive coordinators had enough tape on him, they simply turned his production off. Had Kaep actually worked to develop his game, instead of relying on his physical talents alone, maybe he would’ve stayed on a roster.

Tom Brady didn’t become the GOAT because he had mad physical talents. He did it because he developed new wrinkles to his game and eliminated weaknesses.

Hopefully Kaep took that step back and learned from the example while prepping for another shot. Honestly it is what Kurt Warner did.

2 Likes