NCAA Tournament

Duh! Which OSU?

Oklahoma State’s guys are playing right on the verge of out of control, but with an amazing intensity and speed. Oregon State has lost a bigger lead, but has managed to score when it was absolutely necessary to stay in this. Fun game to watch.

I’ll tell you in a while.

1 Like

A team in orange and black right?

The next 23.4 seconds will last 23 minutes and 4 seconds.

Both teams have played until they are bleeding.

1 Like

I was right. I told you OSU would win. Yes, the one that wears orange and black.

That region is a mess. An overrated 2 seed, an 8, an 11 and a 12. The beavers will never have another shot like this one.

2 Likes

Love this opening weekend of the tourney, and 2020, with no tourney, was the only time in 27 years I’ve not taken vacation time to watch the first 2 rounds like I’ll be doing tomorrow…

PAC12 is 6-0 (not counting Oregon’s freebie). Great performance by the Beavers to make it to the second weekend, but conference has some stiff challenges tomorrow.

1 Like

I feel impending doom with Bama vs Maryland today. I have been an Alabama basketball fan for too long to have hope.

Well done Twitter:

10 Likes

Oregon rolling Iowa early in the 2nd half up 14

And another Big 10 team goes down. Props to the Ducks.

I know I’m picking on the Big 10, but I got really tired of the “experts” singing their praises all season. Based on just percentages, the Big 10 should get 2 teams into the Sweet 16, and that’s all the chances they have left at this point (Maryland and Michigan). But if you base it on seeding, they should have gotten 5 into the Sweet 16.

Go PAC12. Prove the pundits wrong.

5 Likes

Did everyone see this already? Bill Waltons FF includes FIVE P12 teams. Protect this treasure at all costs!!

1 Like

:expressionless:

6 Likes

The B1G has totally gotten exposed. One or two early tourney losses and you can call it a fluke or anomaly… but this is undeniable. They are nowhere near the strongest conference.

3 Likes

Ok, this article is amazing.

No, Walton dares us to think even further, to pick USC and UCLA to both come out of the Old Spaghetti Factory regional or whatever it is in this new Indianapolis-centric universe. He is daring us to think of a five-way final game in which 25 players are on the court at any given time, shooting at and defending five different baskets simultaneously in the Pentagon Of Hell (copyright pending, DanaWhiteCo.). He is guiding us out of the rigidity of the sports we know toward the sports that would only confuse us because ratings are down anyway and if you can televise cornhole and make four-hour movies out of two-hour movies about DC comic book characters that don’t even include Ambush Bug, rules are all ■■■■■■■■ anyway, and standard-def reality eats metric tons of ass.

1 Like

We took a heavily flawed system for seeding and selection, and we made it harder by canceling 1/3 of the games (and most of the OOC games). It’s not a surprise to find out that we didn’t really know anything about the relative strength of teams.

2 Likes

Looks like we got 3 in the Sweet 16 so far. Hopefully USC and Colorad9 can come through as well.

1 Like

Could you imagine the heads exploding if the PAC12 got 3-5 teams in the E8?

7 Likes

I think that’s already happening to Wilner, poor guy. Sucks to have the narrative that you’ve staked the last few years of your career on just go up in smoke like this.

2 Likes

20 points Colorad9? It would help if you could actually make a dunk.

They need to find their kwan.

1 Like