Most overrated restaurants in SLC?

My humble and disagreed on opinion is that the “high end” pizza joints aren’t really any better than the others. But then, I don’t care for barbecue chicken pizza.

5 Likes

That’s what sells in Utah. See also Lamb’s Grill.

4 Likes

Not sure if anyone would say The Desert Edge is overrated but their food really sucks. I mean, it is truly terrible. I ordered a sandwich there recently and was reluctant to pay for it. Total garbage.

Visiting family up in Weber County, we ordered carry out from the Pie location near Weber State. As good as ever.

1 Like

Cafe Rios mantra

4 Likes

We used to have a good local pizza place, but COVID (and mostly the earthquake) put it out of business.

I always crack up when someone says they like XXXXX. And then one of the food snobs says something along the lines of “well, if you like that slop, go ahead”. Like you’re less of a person for liking certain food.

7 Likes

I am a sucker for spaghetti, but it has to be my sauce made with Colosimo sausage.

Don’t do a lot of “dining out” (not to be confused with ordering out). When we do it tends to be “Greek Penance” (AKA Jim’s Family Restaurant) or Brüder Food (Bohemian Brew Pub).

1 Like

I married into a family that loves to go there but I have to say that Maddox is overrated. Its ok. But I dont get the appeal in driving up there from the valley.

5 Likes

+1 for World’s Best! If their truck is ever in your area, grab one.

Maddox is over priced and below average quality. Plus, you get to wait an hour to be seated.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t expanding it west have sent it into the ocean (where it might belong)? :wink:

1 Like

HAHAHAHA. Crap. I meant east. Although I think it should expand west.

I’ve stopped at Maddox only once, and they were out of chicken.

2 Likes

YES!

I dont think the term “restaurant” can be applied to Chuck-a-rama. It’s been nothing more than a giant feeding trough since my evil stepmother worked at the Ogden one in the 70s

1 Like

Since Colosimo sausage is no longer a thing ( they shut down a few years ago) GOod luck!

I think I have heard of two of those? yeah as Yelp is 100% subjective opinions with nothing neutral to mitigate them, I dont pay much attention to it… I wait for personal word of mouth.

We stop at the drive in on the way to Bear Lake. It’s fine for what it is. Never been in the dining room though.

THe clousre of the Market Street Broiler by the U shocked the hell out of me. It was my fave Seafood place ever. and that setting was amazing. the Chinese one was called China Star, and didnt last terribly long… its a Bagel place now? The Italian one was Baci Trattoria, and was my fave easy night out place. I would actually sit at the bar-like section in front of the Pizza oven to relive my glory days in Napoli… (this was YEARS before Settebello existed)

2 Likes