Most overrated restaurants in SLC?

Actually, The “McColosimo” stuff was what got shut down. You can still get real Colosimo sausage at Colosimos Standard Market in Downtown Magna. About once a quarter I go in and load up on Brats, Mild Italian Sausage, and kielbasa.

2 Likes

That was a sarcastic dig at loyter, not something to be taken seriously.

Not sure if it is still busy but my wife would add the Mandarin in Bountiful. As an actual Chinese she can be allowed to judge that it is actually not the best Chinese food in town. My brother went there once on a slow day and was disappointed by the blandness.

1 Like

Chinese cuisine in Utah took a major hit with the closure of Maple Garden in Ogden.

Maple Garden has reopened.

This talk of food troughs reminded me of this:

1 Like

Where?

25th and wall, union station. We get take out there once every couple of months or so.

1 Like

Banbury Cross. Mediocre and overpriced plus they don’t believe in free market principles like paying fair wages for labor.

But they don’t mind taking government handout themselves.

9 Likes

Wow … never going there again.

4 Likes

Try their two-faced donut with hypocrisy sprinkles!

7 Likes

The one thing I’ve enjoyed there is the chicken sandwich on ciabatta, just a couple of days ago. I was in a hurry and needed to grab some food at Trolley, so I went to the Desert Edge kind of dreading the food I’d get. I was pleasantly surprised. Really enjoyed it.

I’ve never really had a complaint about Desert Edge but I usually get a beer to go with the meal. I’ve often said that with brew pubs you can have good food or you can have good beer but not both. Squatters has good beer but I’ve never enjoyed their food. Red Rock is the exception to that rule IMAO.

Definitely crossing them off my list of places to ever try.

4 Likes

Color them off my list of businesses to do business with.

3 Likes

I’m the exact opposite. Red Rock has mediocre food and beer, I’d much rather go to Squatters.

1 Like

Taco Taco is pretty decent. They have a Cauliflower Burrito I really like
Seasons Plant Based Bistro is fantastic, even for non-vegans

Huh. I will say Red Rock’s downtown location lost some appeal when they opened the Fashion Place location. It’s like their better cooks moved there.

Squatters beer was never the same to me after brewmaster Jenny quit.

Philistine! :wink:

Seriously, it is probably something I ought to be finding the recipe and trying out once.

1 Like

Regarding Banbury Cross, I thought the problem was that people are being paid to stay home. In any Smith’s store in SLC we see signs all over the store practically begging people to come work for them–offering tuition benefits and lots of others. Same with all the fast food places. We are building a house in the central part of the state and it took a long time to find workers willing to come do the framing. According to our contractor, this was at standard wages for such work. It’s been kind of a problem.