Donald Trump and his wife have tested positive for COVID-19

Fair enough.

Curious, remind me of the horrific respect was from 2008-2016. Yes, I’m pulling a “whataboutism”, but Trump was horrifying during those years. He deserves zero respect.

6 Likes

Please preface comments like these with “this is not political”, this is a non-political topic.

No I get that. Just trying to keep the conversation, I don’t know, something we don’t regret. Not a knock on you. Many of us have had dark feelings toward this guy. That’s all.

2 Likes

Please preface comments like these with “this is not political”, this is a non-political topic.

1 Like

Kellyanne Conway just announced she’s positive. That Rose Garden event to announce the SCOTUS nominee is apparently a super spreader.

6 Likes

Trumps Campaign manager just tested positive a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

One of the news outlets was showing footage of Conway having a long, close distance face-to-face conversation with Barr at that event. I think they’ve traced like 8 cases to the event so far, what a total sh!tshow.

2 Likes

I’m prefacing this by being clear this is not a political comment:

I saw pics of the event and there was no effort whatsoever to space the chairs out, looked like it was a proud show of denial that there’s a pandemic going on. 90% of the attendants were not wearing masks.

China had 10 total new cases yesterday. China’s population is about 1.5 billion. There have been 12 cases of the ‘Chinese Virus’ linked to the Rose Garden event so far. 50,000 new cases per day right now in our country, China has been under 100 per day since the beginning of March. We can’t even get Utah under 100 new cases per day, we are 0.2% the size of China.

Many, many countries have essentially eliminated the ‘Chinese Virus’ and are not hampered by it anymore, they are back to normal life. We pretend to be back to normal life until we get outbreaks then we have to shut down. NFL probably won’t make it through the season, college football shortened to seven games…our election and whole system of government is on the brink of being disrupted and our economy will suffer because of our failure to stop the spread of the virus. There is no economic impact from wearing masks and spreading chairs apart at events. None whatsoever.

9 Likes

Sounds like Donald is doing well and will be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Posted very recently on Politico.

And then there is this publicity stunts from 10 minutes ago.

1 Like

Here’s what a physician at Walter Reed said about that:

Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed, pointed out that the presidential SUV is “hermetically sealed against chemical attack,” which raises the chance of transmission of COVID-19.

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential “drive-by” just now has to be quarantined for 14 days,” said Phillips, who is also the Chief of Disaster Medicine at George Washington University Emergency Medicine. “They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity.”

10 Likes

I wonder how all the other patients and their families who are trying to recover in a hospital are feeling about the 24/7 pandemonium and blaring of horns.

4 Likes

I guess that destroys my theory that this was a Weekend at Bernie’s stunt.

4 Likes

If the political theater prevents the stock market from crashing Monday, it’s worth it.

8 Likes

Add Kaleigh McEnany to the list of positive tests. I’m sure all the journalists attending her (maskless) press briefings are happy about that.

1 Like

I saw a headline saying the White House has more Rona cases than New Zealand, Taiwan & Vietnam.

So trump is #1 at something.

6 Likes
2 Likes

COVID isn’t a big deal. If you get it, follow these steps:

1. See doctors in your in-home medical center
  2. If needed, board the helicopter out back
  3. Fly to the best hospital in the country
  4. Take the best therapeutics $750 in federal taxes can buy

See, easy!

(seen elsewhere on the interwebs)

9 Likes