Donald Trump and his wife have tested positive for COVID-19

I will refrain from commenting further to avoid political discussion.

Just merge it with the already existing Covid thread.

…also, go to bed Rocker!

It was only a matter of time. Wishing him and Melania a quick recovery.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers

10 Likes

Fake news.

6 Likes

7 Likes

“It is what it is”

(couldn’t help myself)

13 Likes

It’s just the sniffles for children.

6 Likes

Mike Lee also reportedly has it.

2 Likes

I’m not making any political statements, but I am enjoying Mike Lee’s twitter feed right now.

pic.twitter.com/V3kSLogoDP

— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) October 2, 2020

Politics and a pandemic are a horrific combination, a matchup bound to go to the pandemic. Maybe this lesson will be learned. (I said maybe)

The delusional thinking that rhetoric becomes factual reality that bends thinking & behavior for political favor suffers a major blow to a virus that doesn’t distinguish between sides in an ideological war.

5 Likes

Not surprised. The man has never taken Covid19 seriously. Shame really. No one wishes ill on the president. He will recover, with all of the considerable resources of this nation at his disposal. My prayer is that he does as Boris Johnson did in the UK, sing a different tune. Only I don’t expect that. On the other hand, call me cynical. Is this just another ploy by a desperate man? My trust level is – I’m sorry to say – that low.

7 Likes

I want to say get well soon Mr. president but i feel like I should say get better soon Mr. president.

2 Likes

Same. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

2 Likes

Hmm. Another one who has been dismissive of the whole thing…

1 Like

Maybe having more babies would solve this problem too.?

6 Likes

Shame I’m only allocated one star per post. I’d willingly give up a year’s worth of stars to light this one up.

3 Likes

I like how Biden reached out this morning and wished him well. I can only speculate the response if the situations had been reversed. Probably something similar to this, which - ironically - happened exactly 4 years ago today.

7 Likes

scha·den·freu·de /ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person’s misfortune.

2 Likes

I have rarely felt this as strongly:

scha·den·freu·de /ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person’s misfortune.

<Insert Nelson’s ha-ha here>

But I do hope he recovers after at least medium symptoms. If they are too mild, here comes the ‘it’s just a cold’.

4 Likes