Deion tells players he’s heading to CU

So if he is wildly successful, can they keep him? Sanders has said he has already had conversations with other programs like his alma mater FSU.

Seems to me CU better have a contingency plan in place.

1 Like

3 years tops if he’s got them in back to back bowls.

I don’t think anyone really knows how good of a coach he is. He’s extremely good at recruiting, promotion, and motivation, but I don’t know if that will necessarily translate to wins at this level. It very well could, or it could be a complete flop.

He’s in a good situation where simply getting to bowl eligibility in a few years would be considered very successful. It’ll be fascinating to watch, regardless.

Will be interesting to see how good his son actually is, since that’s apparently who will be the starting QB

1 Like

He adds cachet to the conference. Maybe that will help in the TV negotiations and keep the league together. It can’t hurt.

5 Likes

This is Travis Hunter, the 2022 5-star, consensus overall #1 national recruit.

Decent season at Jackson State:

Willie Taggart heading to CU with Coach Prime.

So, former Oregon coach back in Pac 12.

1 Like

I expected him to follow Deion to CU. This may be an interesting change for CU next season.

If I were Stanford I blow it all up and call National Championship HC Ed Orgeron. lol.

Granted, I just want to see the PC where he’s in front of all the Stanford Alumni taking questions.

1 Like

So “Prime Time” is maneuvering for the “one and done” in Boulder.

Listening to the DP Show yesterday, former UCLA Coach Rick Neuheisel brought up the most excellent point I have heard so far in response to Deion telling the current Buffs to pack their bags and hit the portal. He said Deion’s response runs counter to the mission…getting these young men an education while playing ball.

Honestly I don’t know how the Colorado Board of Trustees hasn’t, at a minimum, sanctioned Deion for his BS. I would’ve fired his ■■■ on the spot for his actions, as well as the AD who hired him. If he is still around when we play them next season, I hope Whitt and Co. order up the most epic beat down ever. Call it a “Welcome to the PAC 12” gift.

3 Likes

Hear Ed is headed to UNLV. Thats like moving Charlie Sheen to Columbia

4 Likes

Ed likes the womens and fun. He also knows how to recruit at all cost. The Football Runnin’ Rebs about to look like Tark is coaching the gridiron.

2 Likes

Here’s what’s going on. People hate the PAC 12 because they perceive it as elitist and not caring enough about football. Especially Big 12 fans are enraged because they thought they could poach Pac schools but learned the remaining ones would rather be together than be with Baylor or Texas Tech or BYU. BYU fans are especially infuriated at Utah’s insolence and atheism.

The only reason the four corners schools haven’t bolted is they want to be in the same society as the elite west coast universities and not play in yucky venues like Waco and Manhattan, Kansas. Even the SEC’s academics are way above the Big 12’s, which has one AAU school.

Now the Pac 12 had more top 25 teams than anyone else–six, while the B1G had three. And what’s really causing the Pac 12 haters’ heads to explode is Colorado’s home run hire. What’s worse, he had a multitude of options and he chose Colorado before anyone realized what was going on.

So BYU fans and the like I’ve talked to shift between inconsistent arguments that there’s a natural law that Colorado can’t win or that Sanders is just using Colorado as a stepping stone. It’s not rational. Just more hatred. Haters will hate.

Choose ye this day…

4 Likes

No they don’t. SEC has six as well and half of those make up the top 6. Also, who cares about AAU schools when talking athletics. The expansion of the Big 1G shows this is now a media market land grab for $ and you want to talk about AAU schools?

1 Like

We don’t care about the SEC. It’s not something we aspire to.

1 Like

Well, the PAC 12 does have as many AAU schools as the SEC after this year so there is that.

Edit: forgot about Oregon. So just one more.

2 Likes

The reason why the AAU piece is important is what happens in the luxury box seating AT the football game. The cross-alumni venture deals and academic venture deals cut while the game is getting played are worth a fortune.

This accelerated here after we got the accreditation.

Losing the sport to greed will end up costing a hell of a lot more than just the sport.

6 Likes

If you say so. I think the other funny thing about one poster saying “we don’t want to be the SEC” does that also mean being on a Network people can find and winning championships?

1 Like

Like Phonix will be 125º in the middle of July, and Boulder will be 85º.

I think NIL took the goal of getting an education from college football crumpled it up and threw it in the garbage.

1 Like