Deion tells players he’s heading to CU

Colorado has a great tradition. It is a better job than any of those schools in crap venues in the new Big 12. It has had a streak of bad hires like Utah basketball.

All it takes is a coach. Just like Utah basketball. Any program is just one coach away. Even Alabama has gone stretches of bad seasons. See also, Florida, Miami, Texas, USC, many others, it’s all about the coach.

Utah didn’t win a WAC or MWC title for over 40 years. Utah was like Colorado. But worse. No tradition. Until Urban and Kyle.

Look at this list of bad hires. Lots of big names here. It’s not that Colorado lacks resources or commitment. Karl Dorrell, Mel Tucker, Mike MacIntyre, Jon Embree, Dan Hawkins and Gary Barnett. Colorado has not been bad for want of trying.

Colorado has a lot more NIL potential than Utah. Economy is twice as big. Which is why Alababama’s coach doesn’t like NIL.

Colorado is also an AAU school.

The Pac 10 took Utah because it needed a partner for Colorado. Colorado was never in doubt, a long time desired.

4 Likes

You’re idea is right, but CU struggled mightily in the Big 12 also. Yeah they made the CCG in both the Big 12 and the PAC-12, 1x in each, but other than that have not been relevant since the '90s iirc.

2 Likes

It’s been 30 years. Not sure when that happened for Alabama. The 1980s I think is the only decade they didn’t win a Natty.

1 Like

I read he already has a 4* WR committed.

Alabama sucked most years between 1982 and 2008. It even experimented with hiring Don Shula’s son. List of Alabama Crimson Tide football seasons - Wikipedia

It’s in for hard times when Saban goes and nobody will want to deal with ridiculous expectations and they can’t hire a worthy replacement. Also, Alabama won’t be able to generate competitive NIL compared to universities in states with large and advanced economies.

10 seasons with 10+ wins and only 5 losing seasons. I get Nick Saban has set a diff standard but to say they “sucked” is probably not the word. It didn’t experiment with Mike Shula. They had to hire someone after Mike Price of Wazzu had a sex scandal. They very much didn’t want to hire him. Comparing any of Alabama’s issues to what CU is going through with 3 winning seasons in 17 years. Even crappy Mike Shula had a 10-win season and beat Urban Meyer and the #5 Gators.

I call those year the Dark Ages but it’s nothing like what CU has gone through the past 27+ years.

Yeah, they posted it above. Class of 2025.

I didn’t compare Colorado to Alabama. Try to stick with the thread of the discussion. You denied that Alabama had ever made bad hires, had ever struggled for seasons or had losing seasons. I showed you that even Alabama, the most storied college football tradition, has.

But Alabama, just like Colorado, is one bad hire away from losing seasons. It’s all about the coach. Colorado is one great hire removed from national prominence.

We’ve just seen Oregon State finish no. 14 in the nation on the strength of a great coaching hire. And geniuses are questioning whether the flagship university of Colorado, which I dare say won its national championship in any one of our lifetimes, can rise to prominence with a great hire.

Alabama didn’t win one in 40s or 50s either. No matter how much Alabama likes to pretend otherwise no one else recognizes their mythical 1941 championship.

1 Like

Just for that we’re claiming one more. Lol. Yeah, I really wasn’t counting the pre-civil rights era stuff. It is ridiculous some of the ones they claim. I think most pre-AP poll are suspect. Too many polls back then. My cousin (great grandmother’s first cousin) was Grantland Rice and he had a poll and a Bowl named after him. I think Alabama claims one of his polls. Ha!

When did I say ANY of that. You chimed in with “even Alabama has had bad seasons.” I just showed you, no, not like the team this discussion was about.

You are now also saying that Deion is the hire that can win the National Title…… at Colorado. A school with three winning seasons in 17 seasons.

Ok.

1 Like

Good god. You’re dumb enough to deny you said something you out in writing right here.

You do realize Alabama has never gone 17 seasons with only three winning seasons, right. Which is the comparison we were talking about.

Also, you said the dumbest thing originally “Alabama coach doesn’t like NIL” when he is clearly using it to his advantage. You want to seem smart but obv this isn’t a sport you follow because Nick Saban always warns people before he uses something to create another advantage for him.

Also, you think the culture in Colorado makes NIL bigger there than Utah? I don’t agree.

1 Like

Again, I’m not comparing Alabama to Colorado other than to make the point that like Colorado, even Alabama’s fortunes depend wholly on who is the coach. Alabama’s fortunes will fall in the future if it can’t replicate a hire like Saban.

I am responding to your point that there is some physical law out there that prevents Colorado from having a successful program if it hires the right coach. What is that physical law?

I can’t argue with a religious fanatic.

Nobody was arguing that dumb dumb. We all agree Deion is a great hire. The argument is that Deion had better options where he could win and thrive faster. Good lord PNW dudes love to argue side arguments nobody is having. I hope y’all never get an NBA team again.

Correct

What is it about Colorado’s culture that makes it less likely than Utah to raise NIL? Are you under the impression that spectator sports aren’t popular in Colorado?

What kind of value system do you think it was that prompted Colorado to hire someone like Sanders?

First, you keep injecting Utah in this. Last I checked Deion had a chance to take ASU or Cincinnati. So, stay on topic.

Second, I think Utah is vastly superior in program and fandom to CU. I just wonder why you think they are less than.

Simple. He had a great run at an HBCU. He has a brand that will follow him.

Nobody was arguing that? Well, if Sanders took the Colorado job, the proof is in the pudding. That means you are mistaken that it is a job beneath him. Unless you’re too dumb to admit that he’s in a better position than you to understand what career move is best for him now and you are therefore wrong.

Smart people admit they were wrong. They change their minds when confronted with irrefutable proof. Try it sometime.

Lol. Yes, if Deion took a job it means it was the smart decision. Run with that. His taking the job means CU is better than Cincinnati where every coach has left for a better job and not gotten fired. Just a season ago in a National title but going to a 3 winning season in 17 years is a much better job.

You got me SeattleUte. Notice how you didn’t want to address you backhand of Utah. Some of y’all trolling the board just add “Ute” to your handle and think you’re slick.

Guess myself and Bomani are wrong:

Love the CU people agreeing with Bomani. Guess they are dumb as well