College football thread, non-Utah edition

Lane Kiffin always delivers:

3 Likes

Last year it was Nick. This year it’s Lane.

Maybe we put together a pool on which SEC coach goes next.

1 Like

For many years, Lavell Edwards and Paul James did the radio post-game call-in show facing the wrath and fury of disappointed fans after a loss.

3 Likes

This dropped today.

The questions Lavell put up with were sometimes pretty funny. I remember what sounded like a 12 year old kid asking Lavell how BYU would do against an NFL team.

Majerus later admitted he marveled at Lavell’s patience to have that kind of format of a show.

“This is Ned from Nephi - I just wanted to ask why didn’t you play a zone on the 3rd and 8 with 6:45 to go in the 3rd quarter”

Majerus: Why he allowed those kinds of questions is a great mystery.

3 Likes

I thought Ned perished in a Oklahoma tornado?

1 Like

My understanding is Ned was a member of something called the “lollipop guild” and with his associated favorable weight & balance numbers, had free air-Uber for life on the back of a flying monkey.

(Claven explains Oz! )

Actually, I think I would pay money to watch Bill Walton watching the scene where they’re overcome by poppies on their way to Oz. “Who is that big dork in the front row with the tie dye who is standing up and cheering at the poppies scene?”

4 Likes

What do you mean?

Last year Nick complained about NIL and some teams “buying” squads and the lack of regulation of the process. This season Lane does it.

Given some states have possibly over regulated NIL to the detriment of their college teams, hopefully the Federal system can find a legislative fix and a common set of rules.

Ah. This is a bit of a weird thing Nick does. His “complaint” is more of a warning about what he’s about to take advantage of in the coming years. Lane learned from Nick how t manipulate the media.

always good to see USC back in the news

2 Likes

Hope he was listening to “Life’s Been Good.” :wink:

6 Likes

Did Clark Phillips pull him over?

4 Likes

Agreed with Kiffin, who did say Ole Miss is taking advantage of the NIL & transfer portal because it has to, but he didn’t think the current NIL structure is good for college football.

1 Like

are you old enough to remember when the FOod network was more than ads and cutthroat competition? . THey ltierally had to create “The Cooking Channel” just to have a place to have shows like that… since FOOD Netwk was all about the bombastic crap.

I literally had that conversation with me wife a week ago (Food Network). It’s a sad sign we have too many channels trying to generate cheap crap content to fill time.

Definition of separation speed.

FTFO!

Still a classic 10 years later

6 Likes

Harbaugh likely to be suspended 4 games for recruiting violations.

Thats-a-shame-isnt-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 Likes

Also, a little something to make y’all smile.

6 Likes