College football thread, non-Utah edition

Love to see Washington boat race Texas. Shut the stadium and the announcers’ up.

2 Likes

Seems like every 1st down Washington throws about
60 yards for nothing.
WTF!

Is it just me, or do teams go for it on fourth down more often than they used to? I haven’t seen any data, just an observation.

Fugly win.
Go PAC-10!

5 Likes

UCLA completely imploding in the second half against Pitt.

2 Likes

And now takes the lead with 30 seconds remaining. Wow.

And UCLA blows it.

And loses the lead with 4 seconds. :joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure I’m surprised. UCLA is such a weird team.

Wish I could feel bad for UCLA, but wanted the PAC to win the bowls.

4 Likes

I wanted the PAC to do well, but am having a hard time feeling bad about them or Southern Cal losing…in any sport. I think it would be apropos if they limped into the Big 10.

9 Likes

So what did we learn…

When you play prevent defense, you prevent your own team from winning.

3 Likes

Such a bummer season closes with a Sugar Bowl win. Sad that we’ll never see Bryce Young nor Will Anderson suit up for the team again. NFL scouts are gonna talk themselves out of a generational talent like Bryce Young for some dude at the combine. lol

4 Likes

Worth noting that Bama had no major opt outs in a “meaningless” game, including multiple potential first rounders.

I absolutely get why kids choose to opt out, but it speaks to the culture of the program that these guys chose to play today.

6 Likes

these playoff games today do nothing for me. They’re rarely close games and the star power is lacking.

We had some transfer portals from a clue starters but the scuttlebutt is they were major energy suckers. I’m sad Bryce and Will didn’t go out how they should have this season. I don’t see the next Alabama team being this drama prone.

May be counter to most opinions on here but I really want TCU to win it all.

1 Like

I agree.

At the same time, and given the Portal exits, I wonder if Alabama is slowing down their outflow to the NFL with NIL.

Aslo, Saban may be expressing regret with this group that they didn’t get to the CFP and vowing to fix that next season.

Multiple factors in today’s CFB.

2 Likes

Saban has been really good even prior to NIL getting kids to stay when they needed it or telling dudes to leave early when it was to their benefit. They really deep dive on draft grades and pay for that spot in draft. Not saying other schools don’t do that but for some reason Nick Saban is great at talking NFL salaries. Like this example of getting people to buy in:

https://twitter.com/draftvogel/status/1606332276509249538?s=46&t=z829ajZ_utGNfzPFNFCjKw

I know the player he’s talking about because some frat boys called him the word you don’t use. That player is now a National and Super Bowl champ and wealthy for buying in.

1 Like

Michigan just got screwed out of a touchdown by a really questionable review.

1 Like