College football thread, non-Utah edition

Y’all remember when Jimbo got BIG MAD at Nick Saban for saying this. lol. Again, Nick Saban is not complaining, he’s warning you what he’s about to do. SEVEN 5* recruits in this class. Insane.

1 Like

The money has gotten beyond ridiculous. The whole thing makes Pony Exce$$ and the “Lack of Institutional Control” at U$C look miserly in comparison.

Someone needs to have the collective “sit down” and have a “Coming to Jesus” moment on how to get this regulated before the whole thing blows up.

2 Likes

This is what CNS was talking about. He even was explicit that it wouldn’t hurt places like Alabama. Everyone said he was whining. Then he signs 7 of the 35 5* that are available. They are in play for 2 more. lol

Also, doesn’t hurt that Alabama has 70 guys on active NFL rosters. No school has ever done that. Adding money above board as a factor in recruiting it makes it a bit ‘unfair’ in the advantages. Tuscaloosa, Alabama is not that great of a place to spend a weekend. Let alone three to four years. It’s wild what he’s doing there.

EDIT:

I hate ESPN’s rankings but they are saying 12 of top 28. That’s just ridiculous.

2 Likes

With the DJ Uiagalelei to Oregon State announcement, I can’t help but feel this is the future.

2 Likes

Another top heavy season for the PAC? It’s been an interesting roller coaster since we got in.

#1…I believe heis view is accurate. #2…that doesn’t change the fact he was one of the original $$$ instigators and is a POS.

Just read that Slovis is transferring to TDS from Pitt.

Just wait, Pitt coach will accuse BYU of tampering.

2 Likes

How is he a POS for saying if you do this it’s going to make it easier for me. Or are you saying Jimbo is the POS?

Of course not you, Bama. My entire comment is about Jimbo. “he” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dudes talkin’ Ball. Cole is one of the best in the business. It feels like we (SEC) cheat the nation having him as a sideline reporter on the SEC network. He’s my favorite Auburn guy. Yes, he passed Barkley:

Love his Mike Leach comments

from my recollection I don’t think a PAC12 team has ever won the Alamo bowl? I’ll be cheering for the Huskies, but if I was wagering I’d bet it all on Texas

1 Like

Foook Texas. I hope we cream them.
A couple of months ago I was in Austin and there was a 10 top-table and everyone was wearing Texas t-shirts and I saluted the table and said “oh hey, good onya; BTW we root for Utah and we also have your quarterback”
I gave them the Ute sign. It was well received - but they didnt buy drinks…

2 Likes

Quarterbacks…

1 Like

Oklahoma and Florida State both have suspect defenses.

Wait, a team that the great Lincoln Riley just left has problems on defense? NOOOOOO

3 Likes

I stand corrected, the PAC12 is 3-9 in the Alamo Bowl. Mike Leach had one of those wins right before he bolted

1 Like

Glad to see Oklahoma lose
I know a Barry Switzer hasn’t been involved with them for a long time, but I shall forever remember Barry Switzer’s inopportune, unfortunate, and most important; wholly inaccurate comments before the Sugar Bowl game

4 Likes

Love these UW helmets

Catalyst for my name! I agree!